Who are we?  Featured Cameras  Articles  Instruction Manuals  Repair Manuals  The Classic Camera Repair Forum  Books  View/Sign Guestbook

Canon FD 35-105 f3.5 loose, but not t... Log in | Log Out | Topics | Search
Moderators | Register | Edit Profile

Classic Camera Repair » Archives-2008 » Canon FD 35-105 f3.5 loose, but not the mount « Previous Next »

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message

Tim_witt
Tinkerer
Username: Tim_witt

Post Number: 1

Rating: N/A
Votes: 0 (Vote!)

Posted on Sunday, February 03, 2008 - 09:04 am:   Edit Post Delete Post View Post/Check IP Print Post    Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only) Ban Poster IP (Moderator/Admin only)

This is the f3.5 constant aperture zoom with 72mm filter threads. The lense barrel is loose between the aperture ring and the zoom ring. This is where the aperture ring barrel goes into the zoom ring. The mount is not loose. I suppose I'll have to go deeper. Someone please give me some guidance.

Krp
Tinkerer
Username: Krp

Post Number: 59

Posted on Monday, February 04, 2008 - 12:05 pm:   Edit Post Delete Post View Post/Check IP Print Post    Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only) Ban Poster IP (Moderator/Admin only)

Remove the screws on the ring just in front of the aperture ring. It has 35-105mm in green on it. That ring should move forward to give you access to the loose screws

Tim_witt
Tinkerer
Username: Tim_witt

Post Number: 2

Posted on Monday, February 04, 2008 - 11:00 pm:   Edit Post Delete Post View Post/Check IP Print Post    Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only) Ban Poster IP (Moderator/Admin only)

Thanks for the help Krp. That was it. I tightened the 3 screws under the ring and all is well. One more poor FD lense saved from the pawn shop. Looks very nice after cleaning and functions properly.

Krp
Tinkerer
Username: Krp

Post Number: 61

Posted on Tuesday, February 05, 2008 - 12:57 pm:   Edit Post Delete Post View Post/Check IP Print Post    Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only) Ban Poster IP (Moderator/Admin only)

Excellent, Happy I got one right. Cheers, Kevin

Add Your Message Here
Bold text Italics Underline Create a hyperlink Insert a clipart image

Username: Posting Information:
This is a private posting area. Only registered users and moderators may post messages here.
Password:
Options: Enable HTML code in message
Automatically activate URLs in message
Action:

Topics | Last Day | Last Week | Tree View | Search | User List | Help/Instructions | Program Credits Administration