Who are we?  Featured Cameras  Articles  Instruction Manuals  Repair Manuals  The Classic Camera Repair Forum  Books  View/Sign Guestbook

Minolta Hi-Matic 9 Meter Adjustment Log in | Log Out | Topics | Search
Moderators | Register | Edit Profile

Classic Camera Repair » Archives-2008 » Minolta Hi-Matic 9 Meter Adjustment « Previous Next »

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message

Frankl
Tinkerer
Username: Frankl

Post Number: 42

Rating: N/A
Votes: 0 (Vote!)

Posted on Monday, February 04, 2008 - 10:09 pm:   Edit Post Delete Post View Post/Check IP Print Post    Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only) Ban Poster IP (Moderator/Admin only)

Hi all,
Anyone know the adjustment procedure, for the three pots. on the meter ckt. board on the Hi-Matic 9? I just got one and as soon as I put a battery in, the meter goes full scale and changing light intensity to the cell has no effect. Not sure yet, if it's wireing (all wireing outside lens checks out), the cell, the meter or an adjustment. Thanks.

Wernerjb
Tinkerer
Username: Wernerjb

Post Number: 254

Posted on Wednesday, February 06, 2008 - 09:55 am:   Edit Post Delete Post View Post/Check IP Print Post    Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only) Ban Poster IP (Moderator/Admin only)

Just a guess, if the meter behaves like that, most probably the LDR is shot (low or no resistance at all). I would check that with an Ohmmeter before altering the VRs.

Frankl
Tinkerer
Username: Frankl

Post Number: 44

Posted on Wednesday, February 06, 2008 - 12:43 pm:   Edit Post Delete Post View Post/Check IP Print Post    Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only) Ban Poster IP (Moderator/Admin only)

I put a new cell in. The original measured a short and different light intensity had no effect. I got this from Radio Shack and I am sure the specs. are not the same as the original so, still would like to find the set up procedure for the pots. on the ckt. board. It looks like someone has already "tried to make the adjustment".... Right now I'm waiting for the RTV to set up and then I will re-wire the cell. I'll update when I can test it. Thanks,
Frank

Add Your Message Here
Bold text Italics Underline Create a hyperlink Insert a clipart image

Username: Posting Information:
This is a private posting area. Only registered users and moderators may post messages here.
Password:
Options: Enable HTML code in message
Automatically activate URLs in message
Action:

Topics | Last Day | Last Week | Tree View | Search | User List | Help/Instructions | Program Credits Administration