Who are we?  Featured Cameras  Articles  Instruction Manuals  Repair Manuals  The Classic Camera Repair Forum  Books  View/Sign Guestbook

Yashica-Mat Yashinon 3.5 front elemen... Log in | Log Out | Topics | Search
Moderators | Register | Edit Profile

Classic Camera Repair » Archives-2008 » Yashica-Mat Yashinon 3.5 front element anyone? « Previous Next »

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message

Machineboy
Tinkerer
Username: Machineboy

Post Number: 12

Rating: N/A
Votes: 0 (Vote!)

Posted on Sunday, February 10, 2008 - 06:02 am:   Edit Post Delete Post View Post/Check IP Print Post    Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only) Ban Poster IP (Moderator/Admin only)

I am currently fixing a Yashica-Mat, and as I was cleaning the front element, some lens cleaning solution seeped in between the first and second piece. It left oily streaks going from around the lens towards the center. Argh!

As I can't get to this part of the lens, I'm wondering if anyone has a clean Yashinon 3.5 front lens lying around that they want to sell? Let me know here or send me an e-mail at mattis AT machineboy DOT com.

Dgillette4
Tinkerer
Username: Dgillette4

Post Number: 156

Posted on Sunday, February 10, 2008 - 07:20 am:   Edit Post Delete Post View Post/Check IP Print Post    Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only) Ban Poster IP (Moderator/Admin only)

Hi machineboy: I have a front element for Yashicamat 80mm Yashinon, It is old and dirty and I will clean it up for you. Send me your address and I will send it, The only cost would be posstage you send when you get it. I"m not in this for profit I retired 3 years ago and have parts for various cameras . my emailis [email protected] and I'm in michigan Have a good day Don

Dgillette4
Tinkerer
Username: Dgillette4

Post Number: 157

Posted on Sunday, February 10, 2008 - 08:04 am:   Edit Post Delete Post View Post/Check IP Print Post    Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only) Ban Poster IP (Moderator/Admin only)

Hi Mattis: I received your e-mail but for some reason my outgoing mail bounces back. The 80mm I have is a yashinon80 mm, there are a few scratches but not bad. I will send it out this week to the address you sent me. If you have trouble matching the taking and viewing lenses let me know, rarely do they match exactly and it is a matter of viewing the ground glass and comparing that with a piece of ground glass on the film plane with the shutter open on (B) with a cable release. If it is off there is a set screw on the viewing lens side you loosen and just turn viewing lens till it matches the film plane image.As far as price I'll send it free as a gesture of one repairman to another...Don

Paul_ron
Tinkerer
Username: Paul_ron

Post Number: 98

Posted on Sunday, February 10, 2008 - 09:45 am:   Edit Post Delete Post View Post/Check IP Print Post    Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only) Ban Poster IP (Moderator/Admin only)

If you take the name ring off the front of the lens, it will give you access to the elements. I just finished a restoration and did exactly the same thing. It's very easy to do, you can use a pair of scisors as a spanner if you don't have one.

Machineboy
Tinkerer

Post Number: 13

Posted on Sunday, February 10, 2008 - 01:54 pm:   Edit Post Delete Post View Post/Check IP Print Post    Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only) Ban Poster IP (Moderator/Admin only)

Don, thanks so much, I find your help very heartwarming! I will try the grund glass focus check when the lens arrives. I hope I can return the favour some day!

Paul_ron: My problem is that the lens fluid/oil residues escaped in between the glasses in the front element, which screws out in one piece as you say. As far as I know, there is no easy way to get in between the pieces of glass that are glued (?) together. I think that is where my skills end, at least!

Paul_ron
Tinkerer
Username: Paul_ron

Post Number: 99

Posted on Sunday, February 10, 2008 - 04:21 pm:   Edit Post Delete Post View Post/Check IP Print Post    Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only) Ban Poster IP (Moderator/Admin only)

NO NO NO. You can get between the lens cell elements by taking the name ring off the front of the front cell. I just did one and know for a fact it is doable. It's not glued.

If you are planing on trashing that cell, send it to me? I need a lens for a fungus eatten camera I'm trying to get on the road again.

Paul NYC
[email protected]

E-mail me at [email protected]

Machineboy
Tinkerer

Post Number: 14

Posted on Monday, February 11, 2008 - 02:56 pm:   Edit Post Delete Post View Post/Check IP Print Post    Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only) Ban Poster IP (Moderator/Admin only)

Paul_ron: Thanks, I was sure the elements were glued or cemented, but they only needed a firm tap and the front glass fell out. I have now cleaned up the lens and it looks pretty clean. If Don has already sent me the lens I will ship it to you so you can fix your camera as well. Thanks guys!

Add Your Message Here
Bold text Italics Underline Create a hyperlink Insert a clipart image

Username: Posting Information:
This is a private posting area. Only registered users and moderators may post messages here.
Password:
Options: Enable HTML code in message
Automatically activate URLs in message
Action:

Topics | Last Day | Last Week | Tree View | Search | User List | Help/Instructions | Program Credits Administration