Who are we?  Featured Cameras  Articles  Instruction Manuals  Repair Manuals  The Classic Camera Repair Forum  Books  View/Sign Guestbook

Zeiss Contaflex Parts Log in | Log Out | Topics | Search
Moderators | Register | Edit Profile

Classic Camera Repair » Archives-2008 » Zeiss Contaflex Parts « Previous Next »

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message

Billmartins
Tinkerer
Username: Billmartins

Post Number: 6

Rating: N/A
Votes: 0 (Vote!)

Posted on Friday, February 15, 2008 - 11:39 am:   Edit Post Delete Post View Post/Check IP Print Post    Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only) Ban Poster IP (Moderator/Admin only)

Can anyone inform me if the parts on a Zeiss Contaflex Super are interchangeable with a Zeiss Contaflex Prima? Thanks for any input.

Bill Martins

Jon_goodman
Tinkerer
Username: Jon_goodman

Post Number: 15

Posted on Saturday, February 16, 2008 - 06:51 am:   Edit Post Delete Post View Post/Check IP Print Post    Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only) Ban Poster IP (Moderator/Admin only)

Which parts, Bill? A few of the geartrain parts will probably be interchangeable, but I do not think the shutter/lens assembly will be. The pentaprism cage may be, but the pentaprism itself will not be (different style due to visible meter in viewfinder). All in all, not a good swap mate.
Jon

Billmartins
Tinkerer

Post Number: 7

Posted on Saturday, February 16, 2008 - 05:36 pm:   Edit Post Delete Post View Post/Check IP Print Post    Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only) Ban Poster IP (Moderator/Admin only)

Hi Jon,

What I'am looking for mainly is a film rewind shaft which I broke on my Prima. I wanted to remove the top and I was attempting to unscrew the rewind knob in the conventional manner (jamming the shaft with a screwdriver)and it wouldn't budge when I turned the knob. I guess I got a bit heavy handed doing this, and one of the little arms broke off. I was thinking of silver-soldering the broken piece back on but this offer came up for the Contaflex Super. So I thought this might be the path of least resistance. I figured whatever else I could use off the Super would be bonus.

Jon_goodman
Tinkerer
Username: Jon_goodman

Post Number: 16

Posted on Saturday, February 16, 2008 - 07:56 pm:   Edit Post Delete Post View Post/Check IP Print Post    Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only) Ban Poster IP (Moderator/Admin only)

Hi, Bill.
Those unscrew with a slotted screw in the top. I think there may be interchangability there...many of them were pretty much the same. Silver solder wouldn't be a bad answer, though. I might go that route. Good luck. I did have a large box of spare parts, but a gentleman in South Korea offered me more than I could turn down for them, so now they are his.

Jon

Billmartins
Tinkerer

Post Number: 8

Posted on Sunday, February 17, 2008 - 07:37 pm:   Edit Post Delete Post View Post/Check IP Print Post    Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only) Ban Poster IP (Moderator/Admin only)

Wow. I just got through examining the camera. I can see now where I erred. So, in summary, you take out the 2 screws on top, then take off the cover disk and the handle, then unscrew the locking collar, then unscrew the knob itself. Then you have to remove the meter ASA dial. Boy, was I off. What do you use to unscrew the locking collar? I have a VCR adjustment tool that would be ideal, but it's a bit too big. Do you know if
something is available from Micro Tools or someplace?

Thanks, Bill

Add Your Message Here
Bold text Italics Underline Create a hyperlink Insert a clipart image

Username: Posting Information:
This is a private posting area. Only registered users and moderators may post messages here.
Password:
Options: Enable HTML code in message
Automatically activate URLs in message
Action:

Topics | Last Day | Last Week | Tree View | Search | User List | Help/Instructions | Program Credits Administration