Who are we?  Featured Cameras  Articles  Instruction Manuals  Repair Manuals  The Classic Camera Repair Forum  Books  View/Sign Guestbook

I don't want to break my Speed Grafle... Log in | Log Out | Topics | Search
Moderators | Register | Edit Profile

Classic Camera Repair » Archives-2008 » I don't want to break my Speed Graflex's lens, so... « Previous Next »

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message

Wsboyd
Tinkerer
Username: Wsboyd

Post Number: 60

Rating: N/A
Votes: 0 (Vote!)

Posted on Sunday, February 17, 2008 - 04:28 pm:   Edit Post Delete Post View Post/Check IP Print Post    Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only) Ban Poster IP (Moderator/Admin only)

Can any one tell me how to operate this lens ?
It's not obvious to me and I don't want to force anything.Lens

Anyone know where I can access a copy of a manual to read over for this camera ?
camera

Donnie_strickland
Tinkerer
Username: Donnie_strickland

Post Number: 47

Posted on Monday, February 18, 2008 - 07:27 am:   Edit Post Delete Post View Post/Check IP Print Post    Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only) Ban Poster IP (Moderator/Admin only)

The manual:

http://butkus.org/chinon/speed_graphic_miniature/speed_graphic_minature.htm

You might make Michael a Paypal donation (butkus.org) while you are there for this fine service he provides to all of us camera nuts.

Wsboyd
Tinkerer
Username: Wsboyd

Post Number: 61

Posted on Monday, February 18, 2008 - 12:11 pm:   Edit Post Delete Post View Post/Check IP Print Post    Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only) Ban Poster IP (Moderator/Admin only)

Thanks Donnie !

Dgillette4
Tinkerer
Username: Dgillette4

Post Number: 164

Posted on Monday, February 18, 2008 - 03:06 pm:   Edit Post Delete Post View Post/Check IP Print Post    Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only) Ban Poster IP (Moderator/Admin only)

That's a Kodak supermatic shutter, to tension the shutter you cock the one lever with the ball on the end. Then to release the shutter depress the other lever with the small ball on the end. The slider with the arrow is the super matic flash delay. some were set for flash bulbs and sometimes x sync without sliding it. The black number numbers you set with the left arrow and the slower speeds you use the right lever to sset. To focus on the ground glass you tension the the shutter and depress the button on top which is the press focus button. You can then release the shutter to close. Some people use a cable release and lock it open on the B setting. The shutter indicates it is set for M or flash bulb sync, to use a strobe slide the little button on the bottom window from M to F or X. The two posts on the side are for connecting to flash unit.

Add Your Message Here
Bold text Italics Underline Create a hyperlink Insert a clipart image

Username: Posting Information:
This is a private posting area. Only registered users and moderators may post messages here.
Password:
Options: Enable HTML code in message
Automatically activate URLs in message
Action:

Topics | Last Day | Last Week | Tree View | Search | User List | Help/Instructions | Program Credits Administration