Who are we?  Featured Cameras  Articles  Instruction Manuals  Repair Manuals  The Classic Camera Repair Forum  Books  View/Sign Guestbook

Strip... or not to strip? Log in | Log Out | Topics | Search
Moderators | Register | Edit Profile

Classic Camera Repair » Archives-2008 » Strip... or not to strip? « Previous Next »

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message

Adrian
Tinkerer
Username: Adrian

Post Number: 135

Rating: N/A
Votes: 0 (Vote!)

Posted on Monday, February 18, 2008 - 08:47 am:   Edit Post Delete Post View Post/Check IP Print Post    Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only) Ban Poster IP (Moderator/Admin only)

I've got a bit of a dilemma... I've a Welta Perle with a pre-war Compur Rapid shutter up to 1/400th. Although it works reasonably well, I can see grease on the leaves and I'd like to do a proper clean and lube on it, rather than the flush I did when I got it (which improved the functioning considerably). However, at least one shutter leaf looks as though it is cracked near the pivot point, and I can see me ending up with more pieces than I should have if I dismantle it.

Given that it works reasonably well, would you go for it and strip completely, risking having to find a similar shutter to cannibalise leaves from, or leave it as it is? And, if you say strip, how interchangable are leaves from Compurs of varying ages and diameters?

Thanks for the opinions,

Adrian

Add Your Message Here
Bold text Italics Underline Create a hyperlink Insert a clipart image

Username: Posting Information:
This is a private posting area. Only registered users and moderators may post messages here.
Password:
Options: Enable HTML code in message
Automatically activate URLs in message
Action:

Topics | Last Day | Last Week | Tree View | Search | User List | Help/Instructions | Program Credits Administration