Who are we?  Featured Cameras  Articles  Instruction Manuals  Repair Manuals  The Classic Camera Repair Forum  Books  View/Sign Guestbook

Canon R2000 aperture not stopping down Log in | Log Out | Topics | Search
Moderators | Register | Edit Profile

Classic Camera Repair » Archives-2008 » Canon R2000 aperture not stopping down « Previous Next »

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message

Shaocaholica
Tinkerer
Username: Shaocaholica

Post Number: 2

Rating: N/A
Votes: 0 (Vote!)

Posted on Tuesday, February 19, 2008 - 04:41 pm:   Edit Post Delete Post View Post/Check IP Print Post    Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only) Ban Poster IP (Moderator/Admin only)

I just picked up a really clean Canon R2000 at a garage sale and I noticed that whenever I release the shutter, the aperture in the lens does not stop down. I have the lens set to "A" and aperture ring set to f/16. Even with a super slow shutter speed and bulb setting, I don't notice the shutter stopping down at all. With the lens removed, whenever I crank the film advance, the aperture bar moves and cocks but when I fire the shutter it doesn't move.

What could be wrong?
Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message

Jan
Tinkerer
Username: Jan

Post Number: 44

Rating: N/A
Votes: 0 (Vote!)

Posted on Thursday, February 21, 2008 - 12:01 pm:   Edit Post Delete Post View Post/Check IP Print Post    Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only) Ban Poster IP (Moderator/Admin only)

Shao,

The R2000 uses Canon R lenses for semi-automatic operation. Does your camera have the correct R lens or, the later FL or FD lens?

There are differences between the mounts and this could lead to malfunction. Also - did you try to close the lens aperture manually when off the camera, by pushing the aperture stop-down lever?

Many of these old R-mount lenses are prone to picking up oil in the auto aperture system, this would also prevent the auto diaphragm form working.

Best,

Jan

Add Your Message Here
Bold text Italics Underline Create a hyperlink Insert a clipart image

Username: Posting Information:
This is a private posting area. Only registered users and moderators may post messages here.
Password:
Options: Enable HTML code in message
Automatically activate URLs in message
Action:

Topics | Last Day | Last Week | Tree View | Search | User List | Help/Instructions | Program Credits Administration