Who are we?  Featured Cameras  Articles  Instruction Manuals  Repair Manuals  The Classic Camera Repair Forum  Books  View/Sign Guestbook

Zeiss Ikon Contaflex S Log in | Log Out | Topics | Search
Moderators | Register | Edit Profile

Classic Camera Repair » Archives-2008 » Zeiss Ikon Contaflex S « Previous Next »

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message

I_am_nietzsche
Tinkerer
Username: I_am_nietzsche

Post Number: 1

Rating: N/A
Votes: 0 (Vote!)

Posted on Wednesday, February 20, 2008 - 05:45 pm:   Edit Post Delete Post View Post/Check IP Print Post    Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only) Ban Poster IP (Moderator/Admin only)

Hello.

I am relatively new to camera repair, so if this is really quite simple, please excuse my ignorance. Anyhow, I have been working on a Zeiss Contaflex S and am almost done. However, I am unable to remove the rewind knob and underlying assembly. A screw that secures the lower portion of the knob has come lose, but is present - so I would like to gain access to this area to reinsert the screw. Any suggestions on how to get this off? I have tried unsuccessfully and cannot proceed any further without input for fear of damaging the camera. I hope this photo helps; Zeiss Contaflex S Rewind Knob
Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message

Thuggins
Tinkerer
Username: Thuggins

Post Number: 19

Rating: N/A
Votes: 0 (Vote!)

Posted on Monday, March 10, 2008 - 10:02 pm:   Edit Post Delete Post View Post/Check IP Print Post    Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only) Ban Poster IP (Moderator/Admin only)

I am not familiar with that camera, so this is just a thought. On all my Olympuses, the knob unscrews from the post (right hand thread). Hold the post with a popsicle stick in the fork of the post.

Add Your Message Here
Bold text Italics Underline Create a hyperlink Insert a clipart image

Username: Posting Information:
This is a private posting area. Only registered users and moderators may post messages here.
Password:
Options: Enable HTML code in message
Automatically activate URLs in message
Action:

Topics | Last Day | Last Week | Tree View | Search | User List | Help/Instructions | Program Credits Administration