Who are we?  Featured Cameras  Articles  Instruction Manuals  Repair Manuals  The Classic Camera Repair Forum  Books  View/Sign Guestbook

Voigtlander Vitessa exposure meter ad... Log in | Log Out | Topics | Search
Moderators | Register | Edit Profile

Classic Camera Repair » Archives-2008 » Voigtlander Vitessa exposure meter adjustment « Previous Next »

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message

Arnoldharris
Tinkerer
Username: Arnoldharris

Post Number: 27

Rating: N/A
Votes: 0 (Vote!)

Posted on Monday, February 25, 2008 - 06:25 pm:   Edit Post Delete Post View Post/Check IP Print Post    Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only) Ban Poster IP (Moderator/Admin only)

I was able to remove the exposure meters and selenium cells from the camera body top shells of two of my Voigtlander Vitessa-T rangefinder cameras.

The only problem I ran into was that it was necessary to break loose the soldered wire connections from the meters to the selenium cells. Presumably I can re-solder these upon re-installation of the meters in the camera body top shells.

Now I'm looking for technical information or expertise on how to service, test and adjust these meters.

The particular selenium cell meters on these cameras, I recall, were manufactered by the Bertram firm in Germany, who also made hand-held exposure meters. I know that all the interchangeable-lens Vitessa-T cameras have these uncoupled meters, along with the fixed-lens Vitessa-L cameras.

I know that Quality Light Metric (Hollywood Blvd, Los Angeles CA) services camera meters, and that Magnetronics (UK) can supply new selenium cells. But with a large collection of the same camera model, I am anxious to acquire the expertise for DIY servicing, inasmuch as all these cameras are more or less identical.

So is there anyone active in this forum who has actually done the same thing I need to do?

Arnold Harris
Mount Horeb WI

Add Your Message Here
Bold text Italics Underline Create a hyperlink Insert a clipart image

Username: Posting Information:
This is a private posting area. Only registered users and moderators may post messages here.
Password:
Options: Enable HTML code in message
Automatically activate URLs in message
Action:

Topics | Last Day | Last Week | Tree View | Search | User List | Help/Instructions | Program Credits Administration