Who are we?  Featured Cameras  Articles  Instruction Manuals  Repair Manuals  The Classic Camera Repair Forum  Books  View/Sign Guestbook

Ricoh 35 ZF - double - trouble Log in | Log Out | Topics | Search
Moderators | Register | Edit Profile

Classic Camera Repair » Archives-2008 » Ricoh 35 ZF - double - trouble « Previous Next »

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message

Przemowu
Tinkerer
Username: Przemowu

Post Number: 2

Rating: N/A
Votes: 0 (Vote!)

Posted on Monday, March 03, 2008 - 10:56 am:   Edit Post Delete Post View Post/Check IP Print Post    Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only) Ban Poster IP (Moderator/Admin only)

Hello!

I've just bought new ricoh(35ZF),its great camera but the problem is that lightmeter dont work, and when I choose long time example 1/8 shutter it shoots long(mechanical stuff is working inside when you put ear to camera), but sometimes it shoots for example 1/30(sounds fast clicking). Sometimes when I choose time B and pull the winder lever, then choose 1/8 it works. But next it can works again or not. "B" Time works.

Tell me how to repair, it would be great if someone have photos or schematics of camera.

Thanks !
Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message

Reiner
Tinkerer
Username: Reiner

Post Number: 66

Rating: N/A
Votes: 0 (Vote!)

Posted on Monday, March 03, 2008 - 11:38 am:   Edit Post Delete Post View Post/Check IP Print Post    Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only) Ban Poster IP (Moderator/Admin only)

To cure the mechanical problem a shutter cleaning with lighter fluid is advised. If the shutter is behind the rear lens you can apply some drops of lighter fluid from the back side. Otherwise you have to open the lens barrel and to unscrew the front lens element.

Propably a battery once leaked into the camera and the acid has destroyed the solder junction of the battery chamber's minus pole. That is quite common. You have to reach the bottom of the battery chamber to resolder it. In bad cases - mostly - a part of the wire or the whole wire has to be replaced since it is propably corroded, too.

Add Your Message Here
Bold text Italics Underline Create a hyperlink Insert a clipart image

Username: Posting Information:
This is a private posting area. Only registered users and moderators may post messages here.
Password:
Options: Enable HTML code in message
Automatically activate URLs in message
Action:

Topics | Last Day | Last Week | Tree View | Search | User List | Help/Instructions | Program Credits Administration