Who are we?  Featured Cameras  Articles  Instruction Manuals  Repair Manuals  The Classic Camera Repair Forum  Books  View/Sign Guestbook

Kodak Retina 1b Log in | Log Out | Topics | Search
Moderators | Register | Edit Profile

Classic Camera Repair » Archives-2008 » Kodak Retina 1b « Previous Next »

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message

Kate
Tinkerer
Username: Kate

Post Number: 1

Rating: N/A
Votes: 0 (Vote!)

Posted on Tuesday, March 04, 2008 - 01:58 am:   Edit Post Delete Post View Post/Check IP Print Post    Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only) Ban Poster IP (Moderator/Admin only)

I was given an old Kodak Retina 1b by my Dad and the winder lever is stuck after taking a photo and the shutter release is also stuck... I don't know a great deal about cameras and have tried everything I can see but nothing seems to help. Any ideas?

Charlie
Tinkerer
Username: Charlie

Post Number: 144

Posted on Tuesday, March 04, 2008 - 05:27 am:   Edit Post Delete Post View Post/Check IP Print Post    Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only) Ban Poster IP (Moderator/Admin only)

Try rewinding the film (remember what frame you left off at) and reload the film. (while the back is open look for and remove any little scraps of film inside especially near the sprocket. Some of these cameras have a problem with the cocking rack if some one forced the wind lever too much. The search above (Retina cocking rack, last 600 days) may give some fixes. Hope this helps.

Kate
Tinkerer
Username: Kate

Post Number: 2

Posted on Tuesday, March 04, 2008 - 10:14 am:   Edit Post Delete Post View Post/Check IP Print Post    Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only) Ban Poster IP (Moderator/Admin only)

Thanks Charlie. Didn't find any scraps of film inside but now the film is out I've managed to get both the lever AND the shutter release working. Unfortunately I lost the end of the film so can't reload it but I'm just pleased the camera is working again :-)

Francis_otto
Tinkerer
Username: Francis_otto

Post Number: 18

Posted on Wednesday, March 05, 2008 - 10:40 am:   Edit Post Delete Post View Post/Check IP Print Post    Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only) Ban Poster IP (Moderator/Admin only)

Ilford and J***ops make/sell film-leader retrievers (if I understand right, you've wound the film right into the cassette): you poke a plastic blade into the cassette-slot, turn the cassette-reel until you hear a click, slide the other blade in (between them, they catch hold of the film-end) and pull it all out.

Paul_ron
Tinkerer
Username: Paul_ron

Post Number: 100

Posted on Thursday, March 06, 2008 - 04:25 pm:   Edit Post Delete Post View Post/Check IP Print Post    Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only) Ban Poster IP (Moderator/Admin only)

Set the counter to 25 or 36 or whatever the highest number is because it's a countdown not a count up counter. Once at zero it's out of film and will not shoot till it's reset.

Oh don't force the winder or you'll kill the windong rack, a common accident with Retinas

Add Your Message Here
Bold text Italics Underline Create a hyperlink Insert a clipart image

Username: Posting Information:
This is a private posting area. Only registered users and moderators may post messages here.
Password:
Options: Enable HTML code in message
Automatically activate URLs in message
Action:

Topics | Last Day | Last Week | Tree View | Search | User List | Help/Instructions | Program Credits Administration