Who are we?  Featured Cameras  Articles  Instruction Manuals  Repair Manuals  The Classic Camera Repair Forum  Books  View/Sign Guestbook

Agfa Ambi Silette Log in | Log Out | Topics | Search
Moderators | Register | Edit Profile

Classic Camera Repair » Archives-2008 » Agfa Ambi Silette « Previous Next »

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message

Glideru2
Tinkerer
Username: Glideru2

Post Number: 1

Rating: N/A
Votes: 0 (Vote!)

Posted on Wednesday, March 05, 2008 - 02:05 pm:   Edit Post Delete Post View Post/Check IP Print Post    Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only) Ban Poster IP (Moderator/Admin only)

Has anyone got an exploded diagram of the Ambi Sillete? The old link on this forum yields a chinese site with no camera info.

My Silette which was bought new now has a jammed shutter after being in the loft for years. It makes a small click but the leaves do not move. Its probably the grease on the syncho-compur mechanism, but how do I get to it? I can see no obvious way of dismantling the body.

It was a lovely camera with 3 lenses so I would like to revive it, now I have taken up photography again.

Any help or advice will be appreciated.

GliderU2

Top506
Tinkerer
Username: Top506

Post Number: 1

Posted on Sunday, March 09, 2008 - 09:26 am:   Edit Post Delete Post View Post/Check IP Print Post    Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only) Ban Poster IP (Moderator/Admin only)

On either side of the film gate there are black rubber plugs; one between the sprocket teeth on the right and two on the left. Under these plugs are screws. loosen the screws and the lens mount/shutter assembly can be removed from the front of the camera.

Arnoldharris
Tinkerer
Username: Arnoldharris

Post Number: 31

Posted on Saturday, March 15, 2008 - 09:44 pm:   Edit Post Delete Post View Post/Check IP Print Post    Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only) Ban Poster IP (Moderator/Admin only)

http://translate.google.com/translate?hl=en&sl=ja&u=http://www3.pinky.ne.jp/~cef iro/camera/repair/AmbiSilette(II)/AmbiSilette2_1.html&sa=X&oi=translate&resnum=5&ct=result&prev=/search%3Fq%3 Dclub%2Bagfa%2Bambi-silette%26hl%3Den%26safe%3Doff

(Above is the complete URL. I can't guarantee it will work for you on a different computer. I don't know how to set up links and tags on this website.)

Arnold Harris
Mount Horeb WI

Add Your Message Here
Bold text Italics Underline Create a hyperlink Insert a clipart image

Username: Posting Information:
This is a private posting area. Only registered users and moderators may post messages here.
Password:
Options: Enable HTML code in message
Automatically activate URLs in message
Action:

Topics | Last Day | Last Week | Tree View | Search | User List | Help/Instructions | Program Credits Administration