Who are we?  Featured Cameras  Articles  Instruction Manuals  Repair Manuals  The Classic Camera Repair Forum  Books  View/Sign Guestbook

Where to buy a beamsplitter in Europe Log in | Log Out | Topics | Search
Moderators | Register | Edit Profile

Classic Camera Repair » Archives-2008 » Where to buy a beamsplitter in Europe « Previous Next »

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message

Gergasp
Tinkerer
Username: Gergasp

Post Number: 1

Rating: N/A
Votes: 0 (Vote!)

Posted on Thursday, March 06, 2008 - 12:00 pm:   Edit Post Delete Post View Post/Check IP Print Post    Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only) Ban Poster IP (Moderator/Admin only)

Hello,

I just bought a canonet QL19 for 8€ on ebay. Very cheap but the camera needs some repairs. I think I have to replace the beamsplitter mirror. I know I can buy it at Edmund scientifics, but they do net ship any item to Europe. The company they promote for european buyers don't sell beamsplitters. I didn't find any company that sells cheap beamsplitters and ship them to europe.

Does anyone have a solution to buy a beamsplitter for people living in Europe ?

I really want to do some repair work on this camera.

G.

PS : English is not my language but I hope everybody can understand this message.

R_a_feldman
Tinkerer
Username: R_a_feldman

Post Number: 5

Posted on Friday, March 21, 2008 - 12:25 pm:   Edit Post Delete Post View Post/Check IP Print Post    Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only) Ban Poster IP (Moderator/Admin only)

Have you tried the German branch of Edmund Optics (http://www.edmundoptics.com/de/)? They do sell beam splitters, but probably ones that are much too costly for what you need.

Reiner
Tinkerer
Username: Reiner

Post Number: 71

Posted on Saturday, March 22, 2008 - 08:36 am:   Edit Post Delete Post View Post/Check IP Print Post    Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only) Ban Poster IP (Moderator/Admin only)

The best possibility should be to replace the beamsplitter by one of a junker camera. If you have the Canonet QL19 of 1971 the beamsplitter of the Canonet 28 of 1972 should do it. These are cheap to come buy on a certain auction site. You should not offer more than 1€ or 2€ for one with unknown function.

BTW.: I must have one of these Canonets in my junker box. Some years ago I salvaged one of the 28s to gain parts for a GIII-QL17. The rangefinder with the beam splitter should still be somewhere here. If you drop me an email directly to my adress we could propably make an arrangement. I never saw a Canonet of this age with a weak beamsplitter or do you have the older QL19 of 1965?

Add Your Message Here
Bold text Italics Underline Create a hyperlink Insert a clipart image

Username: Posting Information:
This is a private posting area. Only registered users and moderators may post messages here.
Password:
Options: Enable HTML code in message
Automatically activate URLs in message
Action:

Topics | Last Day | Last Week | Tree View | Search | User List | Help/Instructions | Program Credits Administration