Who are we?  Featured Cameras  Articles  Instruction Manuals  Repair Manuals  The Classic Camera Repair Forum  Books  View/Sign Guestbook

F2S Meter on Strike Log in | Log Out | Topics | Search
Moderators | Register | Edit Profile

Classic Camera Repair » Archives-2008 » F2S Meter on Strike « Previous Next »

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message

Ezio
Tinkerer
Username: Ezio

Post Number: 5

Rating: N/A
Votes: 0 (Vote!)

Posted on Monday, March 10, 2008 - 12:06 pm:   Edit Post Delete Post View Post/Check IP Print Post    Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only) Ban Poster IP (Moderator/Admin only)

The DP-2 meter of my Nikon F-2S went on strike (the red leds are no longer illuminated). Time for repair I'm afraid, but before I do so

1) Is there perhaps some simple form of repair/reset (beyond cleaning the battery compartment) I could try on myself?

2) Can anyone suggest a reliable Nikon repairman on either side of the Pond?

3) In view of the likely cost of repair, I might consider rather buying a new body or meter. Is there a simple way to tell whethe the problem lies with the body (i.e. the meter is not fed current) or the meter? When removing the meter, two white metal dots become visible on the body, which engage against small pins in the meter. Is this the electrical connection? If so, a battery tester on the dots should show current flow, correct?
Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message

Epatsellis
Tinkerer
Username: Epatsellis

Post Number: 7

Rating: N/A
Votes: 0 (Vote!)

Posted on Tuesday, March 18, 2008 - 05:31 pm:   Edit Post Delete Post View Post/Check IP Print Post    Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only) Ban Poster IP (Moderator/Admin only)

Ezio,
google Sover Wong, I'd suggest that you'd do well to send your body to him, as it will come back better than new, he specializes in just F2's and is highly regarded (and quite reasonably priced)

erie patsellis

Add Your Message Here
Bold text Italics Underline Create a hyperlink Insert a clipart image

Username: Posting Information:
This is a private posting area. Only registered users and moderators may post messages here.
Password:
Options: Enable HTML code in message
Automatically activate URLs in message
Action:

Topics | Last Day | Last Week | Tree View | Search | User List | Help/Instructions | Program Credits Administration