Who are we?  Featured Cameras  Articles  Instruction Manuals  Repair Manuals  The Classic Camera Repair Forum  Books  View/Sign Guestbook

Voigtlander Vito B:rewind problem Log in | Log Out | Topics | Search
Moderators | Register | Edit Profile

Classic Camera Repair » Archives-2008 » Voigtlander Vito B:rewind problem « Previous Next »

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message

Francis_otto
Tinkerer
Username: Francis_otto

Post Number: 19

Rating: N/A
Votes: 0 (Vote!)

Posted on Wednesday, March 12, 2008 - 05:07 pm:   Edit Post Delete Post View Post/Check IP Print Post    Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only) Ban Poster IP (Moderator/Admin only)

... with Color-Skopar 2.8/50 lens & Prontor 'SVS' shutter, and in very good condition, this camera doesn't like rewinding - the wind-on spool refuses to slide anti-clockwise. Perhaps that's why it looks in such good condition, the owner having had difficulty in re-winding a film. Forwards, the wind-on spool clicks happily away: otherwise, 'nowt doin'. I'm sure Glenn, or Werner, or Henry will come up with instant diagnoses...

Mikel
Tinkerer
Username: Mikel

Post Number: 83

Posted on Wednesday, March 12, 2008 - 07:33 pm:   Edit Post Delete Post View Post/Check IP Print Post    Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only) Ban Poster IP (Moderator/Admin only)

Well, they all still look good. The finish is amazing.

If you have popped up the rewind knob by sliding the knurled release switch toward the rear of the camera, the ratchet holding the spool should release allowing rewinding. If it does not, you will need to remove the top of the camera and find out what is stopping up the works.

Francis_otto
Tinkerer

Post Number: 20

Posted on Thursday, March 13, 2008 - 01:20 pm:   Edit Post Delete Post View Post/Check IP Print Post    Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only) Ban Poster IP (Moderator/Admin only)

Thanks: I had a nasty feeling that it would involve something like that. When I'm feeling more confident, and the light's better, I'll have a go.
Regards.
Francis
p.s. What a wonderful site this as & continues to be!

Francis_otto
Tinkerer

Post Number: 22

Posted on Saturday, March 22, 2008 - 11:30 am:   Edit Post Delete Post View Post/Check IP Print Post    Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only) Ban Poster IP (Moderator/Admin only)

Embarrassment written all over my features: how do I remove the top of this Vito? I've undone the top-plate screws, and the accessory-shoe screw - but the one that forms the stop-pillar just turns (albeit reluctantly) round and round, the top-plate lifts, but is held. What have I missed?

Francis_otto
Tinkerer

Post Number: 23

Posted on Monday, March 24, 2008 - 08:22 am:   Edit Post Delete Post View Post/Check IP Print Post    Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only) Ban Poster IP (Moderator/Admin only)

... even more red-faced... I've just discovered that the 'knurled release switch' needs to be held to the rear...! (retires in shame and confusion).
FJRO

Add Your Message Here
Bold text Italics Underline Create a hyperlink Insert a clipart image

Username: Posting Information:
This is a private posting area. Only registered users and moderators may post messages here.
Password:
Options: Enable HTML code in message
Automatically activate URLs in message
Action:

Topics | Last Day | Last Week | Tree View | Search | User List | Help/Instructions | Program Credits Administration