Who are we?  Featured Cameras  Articles  Instruction Manuals  Repair Manuals  The Classic Camera Repair Forum  Books  View/Sign Guestbook

Newbie with Fujica ST705W query Log in | Log Out | Topics | Search
Moderators | Register | Edit Profile

Classic Camera Repair » Archives-2008 » Newbie with Fujica ST705W query « Previous Next »

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message

Beeb
Tinkerer
Username: Beeb

Post Number: 1

Rating: N/A
Votes: 0 (Vote!)

Posted on Tuesday, March 18, 2008 - 05:43 am:   Edit Post Delete Post View Post/Check IP Print Post    Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only) Ban Poster IP (Moderator/Admin only)

Hi everyone. I've recently successfully replaced light seals in my ST705W. I've noticed a black (rubber??) flap that sits over the mirror hinge but is coming loose at one end. Ideally I'd like to re-attach it as it should be but I have no idea how it's attached or exactly to what.

The alternative would be to remove it completely but I'm not surre if it's an essential part of the damper or perhaps a light sheild over the mirror hinge.

I've added a link to a photo that might help. The yellow spot is your target...

The object looks a little unsightly and is visible in the viewfinder on one edge of the screen. It is not affecting my pictures but does niggle a bit.

If anyone can offer advice or perhaps a picture of their own ST705W mirror cavity so I can see what it should look like, I'd love to hear from you!

Regards

Beeb

farm4.static.flickr.com/3043/2333671632_18a8bc6343_b.jpg

Beeb
Tinkerer

Post Number: 2

Posted on Tuesday, March 18, 2008 - 05:50 am:   Edit Post Delete Post View Post/Check IP Print Post    Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only) Ban Poster IP (Moderator/Admin only)

Can I upload a copy here? Giving it a go...

farm4.static.flickr.com/3043/2333671632_18a8bc6343_b.jpg

ST705W

Glenn
Tinkerer
Username: Glenn

Post Number: 300

Posted on Tuesday, March 18, 2008 - 07:30 pm:   Edit Post Delete Post View Post/Check IP Print Post    Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only) Ban Poster IP (Moderator/Admin only)

This is a light seal that stops light from the prism leaking onto the film via the hinge. Depending on the camera - I have no knowledge of your model - the strip is adhered to either, rear of mirror, rear portion of screen frame locator or both. With the mirror held up on B with a lockable cable release, gently straighten the flap and check the still attached end to see where it is glued down. Use the smallest amount of adhesive to reglue the loose end to the same location at the other end. Apply the glue with a cocktail stick or small paint brush.

Beeb
Tinkerer

Post Number: 4

Posted on Wednesday, March 19, 2008 - 02:34 am:   Edit Post Delete Post View Post/Check IP Print Post    Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only) Ban Poster IP (Moderator/Admin only)

Thanks Glenn, you've confirmed my suspicions and given me a way forward.

I'll give this a go this weekend!

Add Your Message Here
Bold text Italics Underline Create a hyperlink Insert a clipart image

Username: Posting Information:
This is a private posting area. Only registered users and moderators may post messages here.
Password:
Options: Enable HTML code in message
Automatically activate URLs in message
Action:

Topics | Last Day | Last Week | Tree View | Search | User List | Help/Instructions | Program Credits Administration