Who are we?  Featured Cameras  Articles  Instruction Manuals  Repair Manuals  The Classic Camera Repair Forum  Books  View/Sign Guestbook

Rolleiflex 3,5 T cocking shutter problem Log in | Log Out | Topics | Search
Moderators | Register | Edit Profile

Classic Camera Repair » Archives-2008 » Rolleiflex 3,5 T cocking shutter problem « Previous Next »

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message

P0ulp
Tinkerer
Username: P0ulp

Post Number: 2

Rating: N/A
Votes: 0 (Vote!)

Posted on Tuesday, March 18, 2008 - 09:34 am:   Edit Post Delete Post View Post/Check IP Print Post    Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only) Ban Poster IP (Moderator/Admin only)

Hello, I had an issue with my dear Rolleiflex 3,5 T. When I wind the leaver on the side of the camera, only film advance works, it started when I was focusing near, but now it's for every picture, I read somewhere that it was a known problem, and would like to repair it myself, as I allready did it on yashicamat and minolta autocord.

But here I have a probleme at the starting point, I can't remove the front panel, it's retaind by the flash sync or the shutter command, I don't really know, I someone can help me to go through this it would be nice :-)

Thanks a lot, I keep looking around about information .

Edouard

Lucas
Tinkerer
Username: Lucas

Post Number: 60

Posted on Tuesday, March 18, 2008 - 01:51 pm:   Edit Post Delete Post View Post/Check IP Print Post    Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only) Ban Poster IP (Moderator/Admin only)

There is a little ring inside the flash socket. I made a little tool to unscrew it, do not know how others managed to unscrew it.

The wind gear is on the side of the crank, perhaps the linkage that cocks the shutter is bent. I would look there first before taking the fascia off.

Ishmael
Tinkerer
Username: Ishmael

Post Number: 4

Posted on Wednesday, March 19, 2008 - 09:22 am:   Edit Post Delete Post View Post/Check IP Print Post    Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only) Ban Poster IP (Moderator/Admin only)

That is sound advice. Making a tool is the only way I have found to get that screw off in the flash sync. However I do remember one that looked like it needed to come off but actually it did not. I am pretty sure that was a Minolta though. Perhaps you remember on yours. I ended up destroying the sync because it did not want to unscrew and then found it was unnecessary. If it needs to come off I would try getting a metal tube and file it to fit or perhaps some fine callipers will get in there. The better you make the tool the better it will work.

I have never seen one of these spanners for sale but they must be available. Perhaps someone here has more info for you.

Good luck. Don’t force it (:

Rick_oleson
Tinkerer
Username: Rick_oleson

Post Number: 545

Posted on Wednesday, March 19, 2008 - 07:07 pm:   Edit Post Delete Post View Post/Check IP Print Post    Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only) Ban Poster IP (Moderator/Admin only)

the Rollei T is a bit of a stinker to get the front panel off, unlike all other Rollei TLRs. I have a sketch of it that I can send you if it will help.

Riffy
Tinkerer
Username: Riffy

Post Number: 1

Posted on Thursday, March 27, 2008 - 03:27 am:   Edit Post Delete Post View Post/Check IP Print Post    Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only) Ban Poster IP (Moderator/Admin only)

Buy a spanner bit - you'll find it as part of a screwdriver bit set or they can be purchased separately - and use a Dremel with a cutting wheel to grind down the centre and edges until you have the desired shape.

Worked for me today, when I took the front cover off of TWO rolleiflex T cameras.

Regards,
Rif

Add Your Message Here
Bold text Italics Underline Create a hyperlink Insert a clipart image

Username: Posting Information:
This is a private posting area. Only registered users and moderators may post messages here.
Password:
Options: Enable HTML code in message
Automatically activate URLs in message
Action:

Topics | Last Day | Last Week | Tree View | Search | User List | Help/Instructions | Program Credits Administration