Who are we?  Featured Cameras  Articles  Instruction Manuals  Repair Manuals  The Classic Camera Repair Forum  Books  View/Sign Guestbook

Help with logo identification needed Log in | Log Out | Topics | Search
Moderators | Register | Edit Profile

Classic Camera Repair » Archives-2008 » Help with logo identification needed « Previous Next »

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message

Msiegel
Tinkerer
Username: Msiegel

Post Number: 1

Rating: N/A
Votes: 0 (Vote!)

Posted on Wednesday, March 19, 2008 - 04:49 am:   Edit Post Delete Post View Post/Check IP Print Post    Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only) Ban Poster IP (Moderator/Admin only)

I recently got a camera which is missing it's brand name. From the general appearance I guess that it is a Petri SLR (M42 screw mount). THe plate with the brand name is missing the camera type is stated as "sd 200" and on the back of the top cover it shows the following logo:
http://members.aon.at/~msiegel/dove_logo.jpg
So does anyone know this logo and knows where it comes from?

THe logo is not painted on the cover later but looks factory made.
The camera looks very much like the Revueflex TTL as shown here:
http://www.freytag-grafik.de/kameras-spiegel-6-3-06.htm
You need to scroll down a little it's the one between the Revue SC 5 and the Revueflex TL25.
As I said I guess it is Petri made but I want to know if anyone knows under which brand name it was sold.

Thanks a lot in advance
Martin
Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message

Msiegel
Tinkerer
Username: Msiegel

Post Number: 15

Rating: N/A
Votes: 0 (Vote!)

Posted on Saturday, April 19, 2008 - 08:44 am:   Edit Post Delete Post View Post/Check IP Print Post    Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only) Ban Poster IP (Moderator/Admin only)

The mystery is solved. The camera was marketed as "Safari sd 200" but I have no idea who Safari is - most likely a trading company somewhere (like Porst or Revue)

Add Your Message Here
Bold text Italics Underline Create a hyperlink Insert a clipart image

Username: Posting Information:
This is a private posting area. Only registered users and moderators may post messages here.
Password:
Options: Enable HTML code in message
Automatically activate URLs in message
Action:

Topics | Last Day | Last Week | Tree View | Search | User List | Help/Instructions | Program Credits Administration