Who are we?  Featured Cameras  Articles  Instruction Manuals  Repair Manuals  The Classic Camera Repair Forum  Books  View/Sign Guestbook

Help with logo identification please Log in | Log Out | Topics | Search
Moderators | Register | Edit Profile

Classic Camera Repair » Archives-2008 » Help with logo identification please « Previous Next »

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message

Msiegel
Tinkerer
Username: Msiegel

Post Number: 3

Rating: N/A
Votes: 0 (Vote!)

Posted on Thursday, March 20, 2008 - 04:10 am:   Edit Post Delete Post View Post/Check IP Print Post    Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only) Ban Poster IP (Moderator/Admin only)

I recently got a camera which is missing it's brand name. From the general appearance I guess that it is a Petri SLR (M42 screw mount). THe plate with the brand name is missing the camera type is stated as "sd 200" and on the back of the top cover it shows the following logo:
http://members.aon.at/~msiegel/dove_logo.jpg
So does anyone know this logo and knows where it comes from?

THe logo is not painted on the cover later but looks factory made.
The camera looks very much like the Revueflex TTL as shown here:
http://www.freytag-grafik.de/kameras-spiegel-6-3-06.htm
You need to scroll down a little it's the one between the Revue SC 5 and the Revueflex TL25.
As I said I guess it is Petri made but I want to know if anyone knows under which brand name it was sold.

Thanks a lot in advance
Martin
(I had posted this in the restauration section as well - but as this one is read more frequently I reposted it here)

Canuck_curt
Tinkerer
Username: Canuck_curt

Post Number: 21

Posted on Friday, March 21, 2008 - 06:34 am:   Edit Post Delete Post View Post/Check IP Print Post    Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only) Ban Poster IP (Moderator/Admin only)

Petri FT 1000, also sold as Carena SRH 1001, etc.

Msiegel
Tinkerer

Post Number: 5

Posted on Friday, March 21, 2008 - 09:45 am:   Edit Post Delete Post View Post/Check IP Print Post    Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only) Ban Poster IP (Moderator/Admin only)

Hi and thanks.
Your posting helped me to find the right track.
The camera that is closest to mine is the Carena SRH 500 as shown here:
http://photo.even.free.fr/Photos/_ColApp/APP0232.php
Mine has 1/500th as fastest speed.
The pictures I saw so far of the FT 1000/500 show a slight different design (Top cover, placement of the strap lugs)
On my camera there is also an external PC sync. which the Carena seems to be missing.
Nevertheless I think that my camera is Petri made but re-branded - so the only thing I still need to know is under which name it was marketed - but that will maybe remain an unsolved puzzle.
Thanks again - and if someone ever finds that fat pigeon logo on a camera - let me know.

Wernerjb
Tinkerer
Username: Wernerjb

Post Number: 298

Posted on Saturday, April 12, 2008 - 03:00 pm:   Edit Post Delete Post View Post/Check IP Print Post    Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only) Ban Poster IP (Moderator/Admin only)

Hi Martin, here is another camera with that "fat pigeon":http://cgi.ebay.de/Safari-sd300-mit-1-7-55-mm_W0QQitemZ130213566768QQihZ003QQcat egoryZ10576QQssPageNameZWDVWQQrdZ1QQcmdZViewItem ,W.

Msiegel
Tinkerer

Post Number: 11

Posted on Monday, April 14, 2008 - 10:47 am:   Edit Post Delete Post View Post/Check IP Print Post    Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only) Ban Poster IP (Moderator/Admin only)

Hi Werner,

thanks a lot for the link. It looks like the "big" sister of mine. Fastest time 1/1000th compared to 1/500th and a self timer (which might have been removed on mine - not sure.
So now I know under which brand it was marketed - mystery solved.
So next step would be that I will have a look why the shutter release of mine sometimes hangs and to replace the partly missing leatherette.
Thanks again and best wishes from Austria
Martin

Add Your Message Here
Bold text Italics Underline Create a hyperlink Insert a clipart image

Username: Posting Information:
This is a private posting area. Only registered users and moderators may post messages here.
Password:
Options: Enable HTML code in message
Automatically activate URLs in message
Action:

Topics | Last Day | Last Week | Tree View | Search | User List | Help/Instructions | Program Credits Administration