Who are we?  Featured Cameras  Articles  Instruction Manuals  Repair Manuals  The Classic Camera Repair Forum  Books  View/Sign Guestbook

Kodak Reflex II Log in | Log Out | Topics | Search
Moderators | Register | Edit Profile

Classic Camera Repair » Archives-2008 » Kodak Reflex II « Previous Next »

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message

Absinthe
Tinkerer
Username: Absinthe

Post Number: 3

Rating: N/A
Votes: 0 (Vote!)

Posted on Thursday, March 20, 2008 - 06:39 pm:   Edit Post Delete Post View Post/Check IP Print Post    Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only) Ban Poster IP (Moderator/Admin only)

I am wanting to do 2 things with this camera.

1. Convert it to 120
This is seeming pretty easy so far, I can now fit the reel on both sides (feed and take up) just need to come up with a strategy or part to make the winder work. What purpose did that little pin serve that I yanked out of the the back cover? Was it merely to push the bottom of the reel up towards the winder or was it to stop someone from closing the back with a roll of 120 in there?

2. I see some oil on the shutter leaves. I want to open it up and clean and lube the shutter mechanism. However, I don't want to destroy this in the process of getting it apart, and am also concerned about re-timing the top and bottom lens when I am done.

Donnie_strickland
Tinkerer
Username: Donnie_strickland

Post Number: 55

Posted on Friday, March 21, 2008 - 06:51 am:   Edit Post Delete Post View Post/Check IP Print Post    Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only) Ban Poster IP (Moderator/Admin only)

I don't know about #1, but for #2 see Rick Oleson's Kodak Reflex Tech notes.

Rick_oleson
Tinkerer
Username: Rick_oleson

Post Number: 546

Posted on Friday, March 21, 2008 - 06:51 am:   Edit Post Delete Post View Post/Check IP Print Post    Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only) Ban Poster IP (Moderator/Admin only)

1. The pin is (was) to hold the spring-loaded spindle in place so the spool won't slip off of the winding key when you turn the wind knob. For 120, you may be able to remove the small metal crossbar from the winding shaft and replace it with a longer one that will engage the 120 spool - I've done that on a Monitor folder. But you may have trouble with the spool slipping off of the key, unless you put something back in to serve the function of that pin. It might be easier to use a 620 takeup spool, as long as you can fit 120 at the bottom end.

2. http://rick_oleson.tripod.com/index-83.html

Absinthe
Tinkerer
Username: Absinthe

Post Number: 4

Posted on Monday, March 24, 2008 - 02:08 pm:   Edit Post Delete Post View Post/Check IP Print Post    Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only) Ban Poster IP (Moderator/Admin only)

FWIW, a 120 fits in the supply side of this camera already. What fun would it be to do a conversion without converting both sides :-)

I will simply come up with an appropriately sized piece of something to fit beneath the spool, but it seems to fit pretty tight to where I doubt it would come out with the back closed. I guess I could always epoxy a small piece of spring steel over the place where I removed the pin and angle it so that it would support the bottom of the spool as well..

Add Your Message Here
Bold text Italics Underline Create a hyperlink Insert a clipart image

Username: Posting Information:
This is a private posting area. Only registered users and moderators may post messages here.
Password:
Options: Enable HTML code in message
Automatically activate URLs in message
Action:

Topics | Last Day | Last Week | Tree View | Search | User List | Help/Instructions | Program Credits Administration