Who are we?  Featured Cameras  Articles  Instruction Manuals  Repair Manuals  The Classic Camera Repair Forum  Books  View/Sign Guestbook

Zeiss Distagon 25mm with faulty (?) a... Log in | Log Out | Topics | Search
Moderators | Register | Edit Profile

Classic Camera Repair » Archives-2008 » Zeiss Distagon 25mm with faulty (?) aperature settings « Previous Next »

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message

Yojames
Tinkerer
Username: Yojames

Post Number: 1

Rating: N/A
Votes: 0 (Vote!)

Posted on Tuesday, March 25, 2008 - 01:24 pm:   Edit Post Delete Post View Post/Check IP Print Post    Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only) Ban Poster IP (Moderator/Admin only)

Greetings all! New reader and first time poster here. I picked up a Zeiss Distagon 2.8/25mm T* Contax Yashica that looks great except one thing. When I hold the lens and move the aperature ring, the first two stops do nothing, then it starts to open on the third click, and continues from there. It appears that it doesn't open completely up at the highest setting. So... forgive my terminology but it seems like the ring has slipped two notches? I'm considering sending it to Zeiss or perhaps fixing it myself. Any of you more experienced folks heard of this illness before??
Thanks in advance!!

Yojames
Tinkerer
Username: Yojames

Post Number: 2

Posted on Thursday, March 27, 2008 - 12:07 pm:   Edit Post Delete Post View Post/Check IP Print Post    Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only) Ban Poster IP (Moderator/Admin only)

Has anyone here opened up one of these lenses? They seem pretty popular.

F16sunshyn
Tinkerer
Username: F16sunshyn

Post Number: 34

Posted on Thursday, March 27, 2008 - 12:29 pm:   Edit Post Delete Post View Post/Check IP Print Post    Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only) Ban Poster IP (Moderator/Admin only)

I had a similar problem. Rather than open it myself I took it to my local tech. It was a simple matter of spending $65 (the techs minimum). Apparently there is a screw that can get loose or in the case of my lens (it was new) was not correctly tightened at the factory. No need to return it to Zeiss for this simple repair. Certainly you must have a repair shop nearby to your home.

Add Your Message Here
Bold text Italics Underline Create a hyperlink Insert a clipart image

Username: Posting Information:
This is a private posting area. Only registered users and moderators may post messages here.
Password:
Options: Enable HTML code in message
Automatically activate URLs in message
Action:

Topics | Last Day | Last Week | Tree View | Search | User List | Help/Instructions | Program Credits Administration