Who are we?  Featured Cameras  Articles  Instruction Manuals  Repair Manuals  The Classic Camera Repair Forum  Books  View/Sign Guestbook

Miranda MS-2 aka Cosina CT9 Log in | Log Out | Topics | Search
Moderators | Register | Edit Profile

Classic Camera Repair » Archives-2008 » Miranda MS-2 aka Cosina CT9 « Previous Next »

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message

Peterclarke
Tinkerer
Username: Peterclarke

Post Number: 23

Rating: N/A
Votes: 0 (Vote!)

Posted on Wednesday, April 02, 2008 - 12:27 pm:   Edit Post Delete Post View Post/Check IP Print Post    Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only) Ban Poster IP (Moderator/Admin only)

I have a Miranda MS-2 that needs a new battery holder. The MS-2 was sold exclusively by Dixons in Britain, (and although called a Miranda has nothing to do with the original Miranda firm being a renamed and styled Cosina CT9), who now don`t sell any film cameras and have probably sold off all the spares. Before I try and contact Dixons I wonder if anybody knows if they DID sell all the spares and if so to whom.
As the MS-2 is a rebadged Cosina CT9 and I am sure the battery holder is the same, it is on a Makinon MkV, another CT9 based body, and if anybody anywhere has a holder I would love to hear about it. I know the MS-2 isn`t exactly at the cutting edge of technology but it seems a pity not to try and repair it. Incidentally I am based in Britain. Peter

Add Your Message Here
Bold text Italics Underline Create a hyperlink Insert a clipart image

Username: Posting Information:
This is a private posting area. Only registered users and moderators may post messages here.
Password:
Options: Enable HTML code in message
Automatically activate URLs in message
Action:

Topics | Last Day | Last Week | Tree View | Search | User List | Help/Instructions | Program Credits Administration