Who are we?  Featured Cameras  Articles  Instruction Manuals  Repair Manuals  The Classic Camera Repair Forum  Books  View/Sign Guestbook

Canon Serenar Aperature Ring Log in | Log Out | Topics | Search
Moderators | Register | Edit Profile

Classic Camera Repair » Archives-2008 » Canon Serenar Aperature Ring « Previous Next »

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message

David_ritchie
Tinkerer
Username: David_ritchie

Post Number: 34

Rating: N/A
Votes: 0 (Vote!)

Posted on Friday, April 04, 2008 - 06:01 pm:   Edit Post Delete Post View Post/Check IP Print Post    Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only) Ban Poster IP (Moderator/Admin only)

The aperature ring on my Canon Serenar 35mm f3.5 was frozen until I applied a few drops of lighter fluid. With great effort I can now turn the ring but it needs to be loosened a lot more. I have tried more lighter fluid but no help. How do disassemble to get to the part that needs to be cleaned? Is there a front ring that unscrews?
Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message

John_shriver
Tinkerer
Username: John_shriver

Post Number: 25

Rating: N/A
Votes: 0 (Vote!)

Posted on Saturday, April 05, 2008 - 05:42 pm:   Edit Post Delete Post View Post/Check IP Print Post    Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only) Ban Poster IP (Moderator/Admin only)

I don't have the Canon Serenar 35/3.5, I have the 35/2.8. But generally, you open 50mm and wider Canon RF lenses through the back. The outermost spanner ring on the back probably holds the lens block in the focusing mount.

But, since it's a copy of a 35/3.5 Elmar, you might look for info on how that comes apart.

Add Your Message Here
Bold text Italics Underline Create a hyperlink Insert a clipart image

Username: Posting Information:
This is a private posting area. Only registered users and moderators may post messages here.
Password:
Options: Enable HTML code in message
Automatically activate URLs in message
Action:

Topics | Last Day | Last Week | Tree View | Search | User List | Help/Instructions | Program Credits Administration