Who are we?  Featured Cameras  Articles  Instruction Manuals  Repair Manuals  The Classic Camera Repair Forum  Books  View/Sign Guestbook

Sputnik Stereo Camera - shutter speed... Log in | Log Out | Topics | Search
Moderators | Register | Edit Profile

Classic Camera Repair » Archives-2008 » Sputnik Stereo Camera - shutter speeds and sync « Previous Next »

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message

Amuderick
Tinkerer
Username: Amuderick

Post Number: 1

Rating: N/A
Votes: 0 (Vote!)

Posted on Friday, April 04, 2008 - 09:56 pm:   Edit Post Delete Post View Post/Check IP Print Post    Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only) Ban Poster IP (Moderator/Admin only)

I've been working on bringing my Sputnik Stereo camera up to snuff and I'm down to my last problem. I need your help!

The actual timing and shutter cock are in the right lens. The left is a slave.

I tested the left and right shutters at all speeds using my Calumet Shutter Tester. All speeds are an average of five actual results. Here is what I got:

Speed Left Right Nominal + 1/6 - 1/6

1/15 6963 6544 6250 7015 5568
1/30 3025 2612 3125 3508 2784
1/60 1418 1047 1563 1754 1392
1/125 1440 961 781 877 696

Two big problems! First, and most important, the shutters don't appear to be in very good sync with each other at all. I was considering the solution at the bottom of this page:
http://users.adelphia.net/~jp1/Sputnik/index.html

I wanted to get some opinion on whether you thought that might work.

Second, the 1/125, 1/60 and 1/30 speeds are wacky. Just looking at the right lens, 1/125 is a mite slow but I can probably live with that. But, 1/60 is way fast. 1/30 is also a bit fast.

I have an amateur understanding of how this shutter operates so I'm looking for guidance on how to bring it in line. I'm eager to learn.

I don't need precision, just consistency and synchronization.

Thank you!

Add Your Message Here
Bold text Italics Underline Create a hyperlink Insert a clipart image

Username: Posting Information:
This is a private posting area. Only registered users and moderators may post messages here.
Password:
Options: Enable HTML code in message
Automatically activate URLs in message
Action:

Topics | Last Day | Last Week | Tree View | Search | User List | Help/Instructions | Program Credits Administration