Who are we?  Featured Cameras  Articles  Instruction Manuals  Repair Manuals  The Classic Camera Repair Forum  Books  View/Sign Guestbook

I just got here Log in | Log Out | Topics | Search
Moderators | Register | Edit Profile

Classic Camera Repair » Archives-2008 » I just got here « Previous Next »

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message

Retrolady
Tinkerer
Username: Retrolady

Post Number: 1

Rating: N/A
Votes: 0 (Vote!)

Posted on Monday, April 07, 2008 - 04:22 am:   Edit Post Delete Post View Post/Check IP Print Post    Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only) Ban Poster IP (Moderator/Admin only)

I just got here. I got a cam as a gift and have a bit trouble with it. I have a Beiretee Priomat DDR and I need some kind of user manual!
This is my first cam that is not digital and I'm planing to make a lot of pics with it, so please help me somehow!

I beg you :-(
Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message

Alex
Tinkerer
Username: Alex

Post Number: 53

Rating: N/A
Votes: 0 (Vote!)

Posted on Monday, April 07, 2008 - 05:17 am:   Edit Post Delete Post View Post/Check IP Print Post    Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only) Ban Poster IP (Moderator/Admin only)

It's a simple camera, with simple controls, and you should be able to figure it out fairly easily. It has three shutter speeds, 30, 60, and 125, plus a B setting. The lens is probably an f/2.8 45mm Meritar lens. I think the aperture is set by symbols on the lens like cloudy, sun, and so on.

There's a page about it, with sample pictures, here:
http://licm.org.uk/livingImage/Beirette_JNR.html

and some more here:
http://www.camerapedia.org/wiki/Beirette

I haven't used this particular camera, but you should be able to figure out how to open it, either by a catch on the base or at the side, or by pulling up the film rewind knob. The film cassette will go into one side of the camera, and the film tongue will engage in a take-up spool. Wind on the film with the back open until both sets of sprocket holes in the film engage in the toothed wheels. You will need to fire the shutter each time you wind on. Then close the back and wind on two more times (to wind on the exposed bit of film). When you next wind on, you're ready for your first picture.

With this camera, you estimate the distance from the subject, and set this distance on the lens in an obvious way.

Do you need help in estimating exposures?

When you have exposed the film, look for a rewind button and push it in. This will let the film inside 'freewheel' and you then rewind it back into the cassette. Only when it's fully rewound (the rewind knob will suddenly go 'free' and turn more easily) should you open the back to remove the cassette for processing.

Ask again here for any more help you need.

Alex

Add Your Message Here
Bold text Italics Underline Create a hyperlink Insert a clipart image

Username: Posting Information:
This is a private posting area. Only registered users and moderators may post messages here.
Password:
Options: Enable HTML code in message
Automatically activate URLs in message
Action:

Topics | Last Day | Last Week | Tree View | Search | User List | Help/Instructions | Program Credits Administration