Who are we?  Featured Cameras  Articles  Instruction Manuals  Repair Manuals  The Classic Camera Repair Forum  Books  View/Sign Guestbook

Flexaret Flash Sync Problem Log in | Log Out | Topics | Search
Moderators | Register | Edit Profile

Classic Camera Repair » Archives-2008 » Flexaret Flash Sync Problem « Previous Next »

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message

Julian_nicol
Tinkerer
Username: Julian_nicol

Post Number: 1

Rating: N/A
Votes: 0 (Vote!)

Posted on Monday, April 07, 2008 - 08:57 pm:   Edit Post Delete Post View Post/Check IP Print Post    Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only) Ban Poster IP (Moderator/Admin only)

Hi there, my flexaret V's (Prontor-SVS) flash sync doesn't seem to be working.
The flash sync arm locks in firmly at M, slightly at X, and at V it slides back towards the X setting.

I tried testing the synchronization in the studio at University, but the camera would not fire the flash when connected via a sync cord on X mode.

Cold the reason the flash is not firing be related to my first problem?

I like to think of myself as a DIY type of guy. So if its not too hard to fix I would be keen to do it myself.

Any input is greatly appreciated.
Thanks
Julian

Julian_nicol
Tinkerer
Username: Julian_nicol

Post Number: 2

Posted on Tuesday, April 08, 2008 - 07:59 pm:   Edit Post Delete Post View Post/Check IP Print Post    Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only) Ban Poster IP (Moderator/Admin only)

Could it be dirty contacts inside the camera,or is it more likely to be isolated to the shutter. How complicated is it to open and view the shutter assembly?

Thanks

Ethostech
Tinkerer
Username: Ethostech

Post Number: 93

Posted on Saturday, April 12, 2008 - 07:51 am:   Edit Post Delete Post View Post/Check IP Print Post    Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only) Ban Poster IP (Moderator/Admin only)

The straight answer (in my humble opinion) is that addressing the issue is not over-difficult provided you have been there before.
If you haven't - then as a first time DIY job you would end up in deep trouble. There are several interfacing mechanical and electricals and you have to get them all correct without stuffing up other aspects of the shutter operation.

Add Your Message Here
Bold text Italics Underline Create a hyperlink Insert a clipart image

Username: Posting Information:
This is a private posting area. Only registered users and moderators may post messages here.
Password:
Options: Enable HTML code in message
Automatically activate URLs in message
Action:

Topics | Last Day | Last Week | Tree View | Search | User List | Help/Instructions | Program Credits Administration