Who are we?  Featured Cameras  Articles  Instruction Manuals  Repair Manuals  The Classic Camera Repair Forum  Books  View/Sign Guestbook

Minolta SRT303 Log in | Log Out | Topics | Search
Moderators | Register | Edit Profile

Classic Camera Repair » Archives-2008 » Minolta SRT303 « Previous Next »

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message

Gez
Tinkerer
Username: Gez

Post Number: 25

Rating: N/A
Votes: 0 (Vote!)

Posted on Friday, April 11, 2008 - 06:06 am:   Edit Post Delete Post View Post/Check IP Print Post    Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only) Ban Poster IP (Moderator/Admin only)

After working successfully, i hope, on Konica T and T2 I'm starting on a Minolta SRT303. The main problem is that the shutter curtain draw cords have come off their pullies and the shutter bearings seem very dry. So I guess the front panel will have to come off? As a relative newbie this is something I'm reluctant to do, especially after reading Tomosy's warning;

"even though the front casting and the mirror cage are 2 separate pieces in this model, you must remove them together. This is not recommended. It is not easy, and there is normally no need for it"

With that ringing in my ears, are there any special precautions that need to be observed??

Wernerjb
Tinkerer
Username: Wernerjb

Post Number: 299

Posted on Sunday, April 13, 2008 - 02:19 am:   Edit Post Delete Post View Post/Check IP Print Post    Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only) Ban Poster IP (Moderator/Admin only)

After having fumbled about (before finally fully restoring them) with several SRTs (101, 303, 303b) I can say they are almost identical inside, especially as regards the front section plus the mirror cage. The 101's mirror assembly can be used in the 303, for example, many other parts are interchangeable. Everything can be completely dismantled, the flipside of this is that the camera's flange distance has to be realigned on reassembly, and that is not easy, as this also includes the correct set-up of the prism-mirror position. Take a look at this form's archives via the search function (always a good idea), then study the following links, http://www.willegal.net/photo/srt/photo-srt.htm and http://www.collection-appareils.fr/album_notices_K_O/Minolta_SRT101_SM/index.htm l
then decide if you are still inclined doing that sort of tinkering, good luck, W.

Gez
Tinkerer
Username: Gez

Post Number: 27

Posted on Monday, April 21, 2008 - 02:37 pm:   Edit Post Delete Post View Post/Check IP Print Post    Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only) Ban Poster IP (Moderator/Admin only)

Thanks for those links Werner. The SRT303 will have to go on the back burner while I get up to speed! In the meantime a Konica T3 beckons.

Add Your Message Here
Bold text Italics Underline Create a hyperlink Insert a clipart image

Username: Posting Information:
This is a private posting area. Only registered users and moderators may post messages here.
Password:
Options: Enable HTML code in message
Automatically activate URLs in message
Action:

Topics | Last Day | Last Week | Tree View | Search | User List | Help/Instructions | Program Credits Administration