Who are we?  Featured Cameras  Articles  Instruction Manuals  Repair Manuals  The Classic Camera Repair Forum  Books  View/Sign Guestbook

Tamron 80-200 SP Adaptall (Nikon Moun... Log in | Log Out | Topics | Search
Moderators | Register | Edit Profile

Classic Camera Repair » Archives-2008 » Tamron 80-200 SP Adaptall (Nikon Mount) « Previous Next »

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message

Phototime
Tinkerer
Username: Phototime

Post Number: 1

Rating: N/A
Votes: 0 (Vote!)

Posted on Thursday, April 17, 2008 - 05:53 am:   Edit Post Delete Post View Post/Check IP Print Post    Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only) Ban Poster IP (Moderator/Admin only)

Hi,

I am new to this forum. I recently got a third-hand Tamron 80-200 F2.8 Adaptall lens. Upon playing with the lens for a while, without taking photo, I discovered that the aperture will not close down to the smallest when I turn the aperture ring to the smallest. However, when I trigger the aperture close down lever, the aperture closed down to the right size. Is there a problem with the lens or the Adaptall? Will it have any impact to the photo taking?

Just to add the lens is in quite a good condition, except for some water droplets in the inner lens, according to the previous owner, it is due to condensation. Is there any way to dry up the lens?

Thanks in advance for any advise.

Regards.

Add Your Message Here
Bold text Italics Underline Create a hyperlink Insert a clipart image

Username: Posting Information:
This is a private posting area. Only registered users and moderators may post messages here.
Password:
Options: Enable HTML code in message
Automatically activate URLs in message
Action:

Topics | Last Day | Last Week | Tree View | Search | User List | Help/Instructions | Program Credits Administration