Who are we?  Featured Cameras  Articles  Instruction Manuals  Repair Manuals  The Classic Camera Repair Forum  Books  View/Sign Guestbook

Olympus 35RC light meter Log in | Log Out | Topics | Search
Moderators | Register | Edit Profile

Classic Camera Repair » Archives-2008 » Olympus 35RC light meter « Previous Next »

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message

Berks
Tinkerer
Username: Berks

Post Number: 4

Rating: N/A
Votes: 0 (Vote!)

Posted on Thursday, April 24, 2008 - 05:30 am:   Edit Post Delete Post View Post/Check IP Print Post    Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only) Ban Poster IP (Moderator/Admin only)

Hi

I just got one of these and I love it. My question is this: The selecter shutter speed shows in finder but the needle is on the right of the selected speed, not on it. When it is on 1/125 sec. the needle sits betweek 125 and 250. Is this normal? And will it affect the light meter readings?

I put some hearing aid batteries in it and the reading shown on screen is 1 stop off. (It shows f/11 at 1/125 with 100 ASA film on bright sunlight. I am wondering whether this has to do with the shutter speed I wrote above.

The camera came with 625 alkaline batteries and the reading was different then. In case it has been calibrated for 1,5V batteries, how do I calibrate it back to 1,4 V?

Berk

Msiegel
Tinkerer
Username: Msiegel

Post Number: 17

Posted on Thursday, April 24, 2008 - 10:55 am:   Edit Post Delete Post View Post/Check IP Print Post    Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only) Ban Poster IP (Moderator/Admin only)

Rick Oleson has some excellent notes on the 35RC on his website - they include something on the meter as well.
http://rick_oleson.tripod.com/index-134.html

(I hope deep linking is OK - if not pls. let me know)

Alex
Tinkerer
Username: Alex

Post Number: 56

Posted on Thursday, April 24, 2008 - 06:01 pm:   Edit Post Delete Post View Post/Check IP Print Post    Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only) Ban Poster IP (Moderator/Admin only)

As far as the shutter speed indication is concerned, both my 35RCs display the same feature -- the needle is to one side of the shutter speed figures, not directly over them. But I think that's just a mechanical alignment thing.

One of my pair has a mercury battery installed, the other has no battery, and is used mechanically only. But the mercury cell, in either, gives a spot-on exposure.

Alex

Add Your Message Here
Bold text Italics Underline Create a hyperlink Insert a clipart image

Username: Posting Information:
This is a private posting area. Only registered users and moderators may post messages here.
Password:
Options: Enable HTML code in message
Automatically activate URLs in message
Action:

Topics | Last Day | Last Week | Tree View | Search | User List | Help/Instructions | Program Credits Administration