Who are we?  Featured Cameras  Articles  Instruction Manuals  Repair Manuals  The Classic Camera Repair Forum  Books  View/Sign Guestbook

Kiev 4A Help Log in | Log Out | Topics | Search
Moderators | Register | Edit Profile

Classic Camera Repair » Archives-2008 » Kiev 4A Help « Previous Next »

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message

Frankl
Tinkerer
Username: Frankl

Post Number: 60

Rating: N/A
Votes: 0 (Vote!)

Posted on Sunday, May 04, 2008 - 05:49 am:   Edit Post Delete Post View Post/Check IP Print Post    Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only) Ban Poster IP (Moderator/Admin only)

Hi all,
I thought I would have this project done today but, after re-installing shutter cage found that the curtain saftey latch was not getting fully back in the "home" position. I traced it back to the self timer trip lever applying too much pressure ton the shutter release lever and not letting the trip linkage get completely back to home position. I originally had the problem of the self timer not working and I found that the trip lever spring was not positioning the lever properly and the lever was jamming on the self timer cam. I re-formed the spring to hold it against the shutter trip lever but, it is obviously applying too much pressure. does anyone know the "proper" tension for that spring? The yellow arrow is pointing to the specific part I am refering to. Thanks for any advice.
Frank....
Kiev Disassembled
Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message

Frankl
Tinkerer
Username: Frankl

Post Number: 61

Rating: N/A
Votes: 0 (Vote!)

Posted on Sunday, May 04, 2008 - 01:15 pm:   Edit Post Delete Post View Post/Check IP Print Post    Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only) Ban Poster IP (Moderator/Admin only)

Got it! For anyone interested; the correct spring tension is "just enough to hold the self timer lever against the shutter release lever in home position". Too little tension may cause the cam to jam the latch and too much tension may prevent the shutter trip mechanisim from getting all the way back to home position, which will position the shutter safety latch incorectly"....

Add Your Message Here
Bold text Italics Underline Create a hyperlink Insert a clipart image

Username: Posting Information:
This is a private posting area. Only registered users and moderators may post messages here.
Password:
Options: Enable HTML code in message
Automatically activate URLs in message
Action:

Topics | Last Day | Last Week | Tree View | Search | User List | Help/Instructions | Program Credits Administration