Who are we?  Featured Cameras  Articles  Instruction Manuals  Repair Manuals  The Classic Camera Repair Forum  Books  View/Sign Guestbook

I bought three classcis Log in | Log Out | Topics | Search
Moderators | Register | Edit Profile

Classic Camera Repair » Archives-2008 » I bought three classcis « Previous Next »

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message

Riz
Tinkerer
Username: Riz

Post Number: 6

Rating: N/A
Votes: 0 (Vote!)

Posted on Monday, May 05, 2008 - 01:47 am:   Edit Post Delete Post View Post/Check IP Print Post    Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only) Ban Poster IP (Moderator/Admin only)

Hello,

Yesterday from the junk market I bought three classic cameras. Just want to know how others say about it:

1) Canon Canonet (plain Canonet, Japanese made): In working condition. I checked the shutter speeds and apertures they are working fine. Overall physical condition is immaculate. Leaf shutter. I got it around 6 USD. Its with original case.

2) Zorki - 4K (Russian made): Aperture working fine. The shutter setting ring is loose. The shutter release button is working. Viewfinder screen is blur and I think there is some issue with focus too. Overall condition is good. It has focal plane cloth shutter. Its with original case. Price: 3 USD approx.

3) Adox Polomatic 3S (German made): Shutter realease button is working. The glass on the front panel is broken 20 percent. Viewfinder screen is blur and I think there is some issue with focus too. Aperture and shutter speeds have some problems. Its leaf shutter. Overall condition is fair. Price 1.60 USD approx.

Now I want to delve in the repair of last two. Its my start in repair.

Regards,

Rizwan
Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message

Dgillette4
Tinkerer
Username: Dgillette4

Post Number: 204

Rating: N/A
Votes: 0 (Vote!)

Posted on Monday, May 05, 2008 - 08:23 pm:   Edit Post Delete Post View Post/Check IP Print Post    Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only) Ban Poster IP (Moderator/Admin only)

The Zorki 4 may have eyepiece correction, by turning a knurled eyepiece till it's sharp should work My Fed 4 has that. And the shutter setting ring is an easy repair if the small screws are still there, advance the film now to charge the shutter, tighten the small screws around the peremiter of the shutter set dial. Tension the shutter and Turn the dial by trial and error till you have found the b or time setting now all you have to do is retension it once more, loosen the screws and turn the dial to B and retighten. One thing to be careful of is not to lose those small screws. when you loosen them I just leave them in the dial. They are brittle so don't over torque them. Also pretension shutter with advance knob before changing shutter speeds. Also check with Rick Olesons web site , he has pictures and tips on fixing the more frequent bugs. Such as film chips...Don

Add Your Message Here
Bold text Italics Underline Create a hyperlink Insert a clipart image

Username: Posting Information:
This is a private posting area. Only registered users and moderators may post messages here.
Password:
Options: Enable HTML code in message
Automatically activate URLs in message
Action:

Topics | Last Day | Last Week | Tree View | Search | User List | Help/Instructions | Program Credits Administration