Who are we?  Featured Cameras  Articles  Instruction Manuals  Repair Manuals  The Classic Camera Repair Forum  Books  View/Sign Guestbook

Minolta Hi-Matic G film advance lever... Log in | Log Out | Topics | Search
Moderators | Register | Edit Profile

Classic Camera Repair » Archives-2008 » Minolta Hi-Matic G film advance lever stuck « Previous Next »

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message

Elwrongo
Tinkerer
Username: Elwrongo

Post Number: 1

Rating: N/A
Votes: 0 (Vote!)

Posted on Monday, May 05, 2008 - 07:30 am:   Edit Post Delete Post View Post/Check IP Print Post    Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only) Ban Poster IP (Moderator/Admin only)

Hi

I got a Minolta Hi-Matic G from and Op shop today for $5 and I got the meter to work (by nudging the needle gently with top off) and it was clicking away all day fine then suddenly I wind on again and its stuck! I'm not sure what to do next. Is it a stuck shutter (involving maybe a rosenol lube) or are we looking at a mechanical fault?

cheers

Markus
Tinkerer
Username: Markus

Post Number: 50

Posted on Monday, May 05, 2008 - 08:45 am:   Edit Post Delete Post View Post/Check IP Print Post    Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only) Ban Poster IP (Moderator/Admin only)

If it worked at first and then it stopped working, it does not sound like a shutter that needs to be cleaned with lighter fluid.

I would take the bottom cover off and take a look at the mechanism that winds the film and cocks the shutter. It sounds to me like something got jammed down there. I had this happen a couple of times with two different cameras and both times I was able to fix it by taking the bottom cover off.

Good luck - Markus

Elwrongo
Tinkerer
Username: Elwrongo

Post Number: 2

Posted on Monday, May 05, 2008 - 06:42 pm:   Edit Post Delete Post View Post/Check IP Print Post    Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only) Ban Poster IP (Moderator/Admin only)

Thanks Markus, much appreciated.

Yes, further into the night I came to the same conclusion. With the bottom and les off I could see that I could cock the shutter and fire it okay, so its not the shutter as you rightly surmised. Its the mechanism somehow. I've had the bottom off my Konica C-35 to see if I can spot any similarities but can't seem to locate the problem. Its just jammed in what seems to be a half wind on position. So its not cocking the shutter and won't fire unless I cock it from underneath manually. Can you remember what you did to get yours going again when you had this problem. I'm trying not to force anything. Thanks

Add Your Message Here
Bold text Italics Underline Create a hyperlink Insert a clipart image

Username: Posting Information:
This is a private posting area. Only registered users and moderators may post messages here.
Password:
Options: Enable HTML code in message
Automatically activate URLs in message
Action:

Topics | Last Day | Last Week | Tree View | Search | User List | Help/Instructions | Program Credits Administration