Who are we?  Featured Cameras  Articles  Instruction Manuals  Repair Manuals  The Classic Camera Repair Forum  Books  View/Sign Guestbook

Mamiya C22 / Seikosha-S Shutter Problem Log in | Log Out | Topics | Search
Moderators | Register | Edit Profile

Classic Camera Repair » Archives-2008 » Mamiya C22 / Seikosha-S Shutter Problem « Previous Next »

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message

_nathan
Tinkerer
Username: _nathan

Post Number: 5

Rating: N/A
Votes: 0 (Vote!)

Posted on Monday, May 05, 2008 - 11:41 am:   Edit Post Delete Post View Post/Check IP Print Post    Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only) Ban Poster IP (Moderator/Admin only)

I am working on a Mamiya-Sekor 1:2.8 80mm lens with a Seikosha-S shutter. When I purchased the C22 camera all speeds below 1/30th of a second were hanging up, so I thought a bit of lighter fluid on the shutter escapement would do the trick. Well it did... sort of. 1/30th & 1/15th of a second now work like a charm. 1, 1/2, 1/4, & 1/8th second still all totally hang up. The gears don't even move and just to get the shutter to return again I need to turn the selection ring to 1/15th of a second. Do I need to adjust the slow shutter speeds? Is there a reason why those 4 speeds would not be working at all? Thanks.
Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message

Rick_oleson
Tinkerer
Username: Rick_oleson

Post Number: 577

Rating: N/A
Votes: 0 (Vote!)

Posted on Monday, May 05, 2008 - 08:56 pm:   Edit Post Delete Post View Post/Check IP Print Post    Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only) Ban Poster IP (Moderator/Admin only)

The pallet probably engages at the speeds that are hanging up - see if something is hanging it up. Sometimes (pretty often, actually) something gets bent when a repairer replaces the speed cam with one of the little pins out of place. Sometimes when you find the bent/jammed component you can straighten it up again and get it running well.... sometimes it's damaged and fractures when you try to straighten it.

Add Your Message Here
Bold text Italics Underline Create a hyperlink Insert a clipart image

Username: Posting Information:
This is a private posting area. Only registered users and moderators may post messages here.
Password:
Options: Enable HTML code in message
Automatically activate URLs in message
Action:

Topics | Last Day | Last Week | Tree View | Search | User List | Help/Instructions | Program Credits Administration