Who are we?  Featured Cameras  Articles  Instruction Manuals  Repair Manuals  The Classic Camera Repair Forum  Books  View/Sign Guestbook

Sears ksx super mirror locked - help! Log in | Log Out | Topics | Search
Moderators | Register | Edit Profile

Classic Camera Repair » Archives-2008 » Sears ksx super mirror locked - help! « Previous Next »

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message

Rhianne10
Tinkerer
Username: Rhianne10

Post Number: 1

Rating: N/A
Votes: 0 (Vote!)

Posted on Wednesday, May 07, 2008 - 04:58 pm:   Edit Post Delete Post View Post/Check IP Print Post    Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only) Ban Poster IP (Moderator/Admin only)

hi everyone - so, i just purchased a like-new sears ksx super and (like an idiot) when i loaded the first roll of film i left the lens cap on. the mirror is now locked up and no amount of fiddling seems to be helping. i also tried to remove the bottom plate to look around but the screws are too tight so no dice there. i think i actually made the same mistake with another camera and there was some combination of dial-turning/button-pushing/incantations that unlocked the mirror and am hoping to be that lucky here! if anyone has any advice i would be SO appreciative - i feel really dumb right now! thanks!

Sillyconguru
Tinkerer
Username: Sillyconguru

Post Number: 10

Posted on Wednesday, May 07, 2008 - 08:01 pm:   Edit Post Delete Post View Post/Check IP Print Post    Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only) Ban Poster IP (Moderator/Admin only)

The shutter is electronic, isn't it. If so, have you replaced the batteries?

Rhianne10
Tinkerer

Post Number: 2

Posted on Wednesday, May 07, 2008 - 09:09 pm:   Edit Post Delete Post View Post/Check IP Print Post    Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only) Ban Poster IP (Moderator/Admin only)

yes, the batteries are fresh and the meter is working... the only thing that seems to be working right now!

Sillyconguru
Tinkerer
Username: Sillyconguru

Post Number: 11

Posted on Thursday, May 08, 2008 - 08:38 am:   Edit Post Delete Post View Post/Check IP Print Post    Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only) Ban Poster IP (Moderator/Admin only)

Have you tried gently persuading the mirror downwards? The foam bumper cushion might have deteriorated causing it to become sticky, this could hold the mirror in place.

Rhianne10
Tinkerer

Post Number: 3

Posted on Thursday, May 08, 2008 - 09:06 am:   Edit Post Delete Post View Post/Check IP Print Post    Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only) Ban Poster IP (Moderator/Admin only)

actually, i seem to have located the problem -- the spring that controls the mirror lever has come loose. do you have any ideas on how i could fix this? i've never attempted a repair before but am willing to give it a shot!

Add Your Message Here
Bold text Italics Underline Create a hyperlink Insert a clipart image

Username: Posting Information:
This is a private posting area. Only registered users and moderators may post messages here.
Password:
Options: Enable HTML code in message
Automatically activate URLs in message
Action:

Topics | Last Day | Last Week | Tree View | Search | User List | Help/Instructions | Program Credits Administration