Who are we?  Featured Cameras  Articles  Instruction Manuals  Repair Manuals  The Classic Camera Repair Forum  Books  View/Sign Guestbook

Kodak Retinette IB Blank Film HELP! Log in | Log Out | Topics | Search
Moderators | Register | Edit Profile

Classic Camera Repair » Archives-2008 » Kodak Retinette IB Blank Film HELP! « Previous Next »

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message

Andrewmoore24
Tinkerer
Username: Andrewmoore24

Post Number: 1

Rating: N/A
Votes: 0 (Vote!)

Posted on Tuesday, May 13, 2008 - 07:03 am:   Edit Post Delete Post View Post/Check IP Print Post    Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only) Ban Poster IP (Moderator/Admin only)

Hi, Just had a 24 exp. colour 200 ISO film developed from my Kodak Retinette IB and the entire film was blank, wondering if anyone knew what this problem was or if they have ever had it and know how to fix it? Cheers, Andrew.
Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message

Charlie
Tinkerer
Username: Charlie

Post Number: 160

Rating: N/A
Votes: 0 (Vote!)

Posted on Tuesday, May 13, 2008 - 03:45 pm:   Edit Post Delete Post View Post/Check IP Print Post    Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only) Ban Poster IP (Moderator/Admin only)

On some of my cameras (including a Retina IIa) a blank film usually means the film was not entirely engaged in the take up spool when the film was first loaded and was never pulled from the cartridge when you thought you were advancing the film. The best check is to se that the shaft of the rewind crank is turning backwards when you make the first few cranks in the advance direction. My Ia would not allow you to push the shutter release if the film was not advanced, a better desibn IMHO.

Add Your Message Here
Bold text Italics Underline Create a hyperlink Insert a clipart image

Username: Posting Information:
This is a private posting area. Only registered users and moderators may post messages here.
Password:
Options: Enable HTML code in message
Automatically activate URLs in message
Action:

Topics | Last Day | Last Week | Tree View | Search | User List | Help/Instructions | Program Credits Administration