Who are we?  Featured Cameras  Articles  Instruction Manuals  Repair Manuals  The Classic Camera Repair Forum  Books  View/Sign Guestbook

Baldessamat F Log in | Log Out | Topics | Search
Moderators | Register | Edit Profile

Classic Camera Repair » Archives-2008 » Baldessamat F « Previous Next »

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message

Krafty5260
Tinkerer
Username: Krafty5260

Post Number: 31

Rating: N/A
Votes: 0 (Vote!)

Posted on Tuesday, May 13, 2008 - 11:43 am:   Edit Post Delete Post View Post/Check IP Print Post    Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only) Ban Poster IP (Moderator/Admin only)

Greetings again, from Oklahoma.
Yesterday, I received a Baldessamat-F. It's so cute, it's irresistible - for $10. This camera is wild, from the key wind film advance shutter cock, to the scrolling text for zone focus, it's a corker. The only strange thing is, the shutter fires every OTHER time the film is advanced. All else seems fine. I'm hoping this is some common characteristic that's been seen before by someone. I can always get inside and do exploratory surgery, but I have to get the Petri back together first. It would be easy to have all my cameras in millions of pieces all over the house.

If this is an easy fix, I could do it first, but otherwise it'll have to wait. I'd sure like to take some photos with this camera. It's got me intrigued.
Thanks friends,
Michael

Glenn
Tinkerer
Username: Glenn

Post Number: 346

Posted on Tuesday, May 13, 2008 - 12:08 pm:   Edit Post Delete Post View Post/Check IP Print Post    Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only) Ban Poster IP (Moderator/Admin only)

I cannot answer your query, but your 'every other time' comment reminds me of my two stroke M3. Does this camera need two operations of the wind key? If it were me, I would check on how far the actual film advances during the two winding actions. However, somebody here will have the correct answer at their finger tips I am sure.

Krafty5260
Tinkerer
Username: Krafty5260

Post Number: 32

Posted on Tuesday, May 13, 2008 - 12:47 pm:   Edit Post Delete Post View Post/Check IP Print Post    Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only) Ban Poster IP (Moderator/Admin only)

Thanks Glenn,
Good point. I guess my question wasn't as clear as it could have been. This appears to be a one operation film advance, because the shutter release button must be depressed in order to advance the film again, but the shutter only operates (visibly opens and closes) on every other film advance operation. I have a couple of double strokers, and this doesn't seem to be one of them. On the other hand, the Balda has so many unusual features, it wouldn't surprise me. But, generally, my observation has been the double strokers won't cock the shutter without the two steps. This one seems to be trying to do something, almost like a gear with two teeth, 180 degrees apart and one of the teeth is broken. I may be making less sense the more I try to explain it, but I hope not.
thanks, for the input.
Michael

Glenn
Tinkerer
Username: Glenn

Post Number: 348

Posted on Tuesday, May 13, 2008 - 06:52 pm:   Edit Post Delete Post View Post/Check IP Print Post    Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only) Ban Poster IP (Moderator/Admin only)

Michael,

Perfectly clear, but I am unable to suggest a cure/further explore. Sorry not familiar with this camera in the 'metal', only seen in books.

Add Your Message Here
Bold text Italics Underline Create a hyperlink Insert a clipart image

Username: Posting Information:
This is a private posting area. Only registered users and moderators may post messages here.
Password:
Options: Enable HTML code in message
Automatically activate URLs in message
Action:

Topics | Last Day | Last Week | Tree View | Search | User List | Help/Instructions | Program Credits Administration