Who are we?  Featured Cameras  Articles  Instruction Manuals  Repair Manuals  The Classic Camera Repair Forum  Books  View/Sign Guestbook

Minolta XE7 - Meter Problem Log in | Log Out | Topics | Search
Moderators | Register | Edit Profile

Classic Camera Repair » Archives-2008 » Minolta XE7 - Meter Problem « Previous Next »

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message

Rick11949
Tinkerer
Username: Rick11949

Post Number: 21

Rating: N/A
Votes: 0 (Vote!)

Posted on Saturday, May 17, 2008 - 12:01 am:   Edit Post Delete Post View Post/Check IP Print Post    Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only) Ban Poster IP (Moderator/Admin only)

The meter of my XE7 only works at the maximum aperture of the lens, when the f-stop is changed the meter remains at the same shutter speed value (Auto mode, DOF button in). With the DOF button out the camera will meter correctly in the stop-down mode. The problem is related to the meter coupling ring (which moves freely).
Anyone with experience fixing this?
Thanks!

Chenard
Tinkerer
Username: Chenard

Post Number: 24

Posted on Sunday, May 18, 2008 - 09:43 pm:   Edit Post Delete Post View Post/Check IP Print Post    Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only) Ban Poster IP (Moderator/Admin only)

Hi Rick,
It sounds like the string which connects the aperature ring to the variable resistor has either become disconnected, or fallen off of its little pulley. Take a look under the top left cover for the variable resistor which is actuated by the aperature coupling ring--you should see the other end of the string there, and it's path through the camera to the aperature ring is fairly easy to follow.
Let us know what you find.
Paul

Rick11949
Tinkerer
Username: Rick11949

Post Number: 22

Posted on Monday, May 19, 2008 - 02:36 am:   Edit Post Delete Post View Post/Check IP Print Post    Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only) Ban Poster IP (Moderator/Admin only)

Paul,
That is what I suspect. I'm waiting for a repair CD that I ordered so I don't miss any little tricks taking the cover off. I'm sure I'll have a few more questions after the cover is off.
Thanks for your reply.
Rick

Add Your Message Here
Bold text Italics Underline Create a hyperlink Insert a clipart image

Username: Posting Information:
This is a private posting area. Only registered users and moderators may post messages here.
Password:
Options: Enable HTML code in message
Automatically activate URLs in message
Action:

Topics | Last Day | Last Week | Tree View | Search | User List | Help/Instructions | Program Credits Administration