Who are we?  Featured Cameras  Articles  Instruction Manuals  Repair Manuals  The Classic Camera Repair Forum  Books  View/Sign Guestbook

Shutter Cleaning - Pronto Log in | Log Out | Topics | Search
Moderators | Register | Edit Profile

Classic Camera Repair » Archives-2008 » Shutter Cleaning - Pronto « Previous Next »

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message

Ham
Tinkerer
Username: Ham

Post Number: 1

Rating: N/A
Votes: 0 (Vote!)

Posted on Saturday, May 17, 2008 - 08:29 am:   Edit Post Delete Post View Post/Check IP Print Post    Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only) Ban Poster IP (Moderator/Admin only)

There must be threads on this subject - I don't seem to find any "how to"s, I'd be grateful for a pointer.

I got given a Voigtlander Perkeo 1, with a prontor shutter which jams halfway, and I was going to have a go poking around inside (no, I haven't done anything like this before) when I realised I quite fancied a 6x 6 folder to use (I have a Bronica SQA) and lashed out £5 on eBay for a Franka Solida I that seems in good condition except for a sluggish pronto shutter.

Any advice appreciated.

Ham
===
http://londondailyphoto.blogspot.com

Adrian
Tinkerer
Username: Adrian

Post Number: 166

Posted on Monday, May 19, 2008 - 02:30 am:   Edit Post Delete Post View Post/Check IP Print Post    Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only) Ban Poster IP (Moderator/Admin only)

Hi Ham,

There is lots about, but I suspect that "prontor" comes up so often that what you wnat is buried! This will tell you how to get into your pronto/prontor (IIRC, the Pronto is a cheaper version with less features).
http://www.daniel.mitchell.name/cameras/index.php?page=prontor&WEBMGR=29bf0b59d0 ad79eb5ecc4fcc660fc61c

You might also want a look at Matt Denton's home page which gives some useful guidance:

http://www.mattdentonphoto.com/cameras/repairtips.html

I'm not familiar with the Perkeo or the Franka, so I can't advise you on how to remove either the front element (some repair is possible without taking the whole shutter off, but it's not an ideal way to do it), or the whole shutter assembly.

Hope that helps!

Ham
Tinkerer
Username: Ham

Post Number: 2

Posted on Wednesday, May 21, 2008 - 05:48 am:   Edit Post Delete Post View Post/Check IP Print Post    Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only) Ban Poster IP (Moderator/Admin only)

Thanks for that Adrian, exactly what I was looking for. Now, all I have to do is find out what causes the prontor to stop full open. (I'm practicing on that one which doesn't work at all, before moving onto the pronto that just needs a clean)

Add Your Message Here
Bold text Italics Underline Create a hyperlink Insert a clipart image

Username: Posting Information:
This is a private posting area. Only registered users and moderators may post messages here.
Password:
Options: Enable HTML code in message
Automatically activate URLs in message
Action:

Topics | Last Day | Last Week | Tree View | Search | User List | Help/Instructions | Program Credits Administration