Who are we?  Featured Cameras  Articles  Instruction Manuals  Repair Manuals  The Classic Camera Repair Forum  Books  View/Sign Guestbook

Lens repair Log in | Log Out | Topics | Search
Moderators | Register | Edit Profile

Classic Camera Repair » Archives-2008 » Lens repair « Previous Next »

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message

Crutch
Tinkerer
Username: Crutch

Post Number: 11

Rating: N/A
Votes: 0 (Vote!)

Posted on Saturday, May 17, 2008 - 09:16 pm:   Edit Post Delete Post View Post/Check IP Print Post    Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only) Ban Poster IP (Moderator/Admin only)

I am trying to find detailed instructions Preferably with drawings or photos of disassembly and reassembly of a prime lens. I am working on a Ricoh 50mm (it came from a KR-5 Super), but I believe any prime lens
instruction would give me the basic info that I need. I can manage everything in the process except for the two main halves of the lens
that thread into each other and that involve getting the focus ring to work afterwards. Sorry I am not able to provide correct names for
parts. Any help or redirection to another source would be greatly appreciated. I have tried Ebay for camera repair manuals, but they seem to cover the camera bodies but not the lens. Thanks -carl
Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message

John_shriver
Tinkerer
Username: John_shriver

Post Number: 29

Rating: N/A
Votes: 0 (Vote!)

Posted on Monday, June 02, 2008 - 07:20 pm:   Edit Post Delete Post View Post/Check IP Print Post    Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only) Ban Poster IP (Moderator/Admin only)

Tomosy "Camera Maintenance and Repair, Book 1" will help you.

The parts you're worried about are called the focusing helical. There are two keys. One: take measurements of distances with the lens focused at infinity before you take it apart. Two: note exactly the position of the parts when they come apart, they need to be oriented exactly the same way when you re-start the threads.

Add Your Message Here
Bold text Italics Underline Create a hyperlink Insert a clipart image

Username: Posting Information:
This is a private posting area. Only registered users and moderators may post messages here.
Password:
Options: Enable HTML code in message
Automatically activate URLs in message
Action:

Topics | Last Day | Last Week | Tree View | Search | User List | Help/Instructions | Program Credits Administration