Who are we?  Featured Cameras  Articles  Instruction Manuals  Repair Manuals  The Classic Camera Repair Forum  Books  View/Sign Guestbook

Topcon Super D self-timer Log in | Log Out | Topics | Search
Moderators | Register | Edit Profile

Classic Camera Repair » Archives-2008 » Topcon Super D self-timer « Previous Next »

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message

Ezio
Tinkerer
Username: Ezio

Post Number: 10

Rating: N/A
Votes: 0 (Vote!)

Posted on Monday, May 19, 2008 - 11:32 pm:   Edit Post Delete Post View Post/Check IP Print Post    Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only) Ban Poster IP (Moderator/Admin only)

Got myself a Super D (aka RE Super) in working conditions but for the self-timer. The cocking lever moves freely and it appears not to engage the mechanism. This MIGHT be a minor problem so I though I'll have a try. I need to remove the small circular plate at the base of the lever - shall I turn it clockwise (looking at the camera) or anti-clockwise?

Shutterbug2
Tinkerer
Username: Shutterbug2

Post Number: 32

Posted on Tuesday, May 20, 2008 - 09:20 pm:   Edit Post Delete Post View Post/Check IP Print Post    Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only) Ban Poster IP (Moderator/Admin only)

both shutter release button ring and holed screw that locks down timer lever both loosen counter clock wise. i had boughten totally blocked bessler topcon super d i had to take the timer mechanism out since it would,nt run down all the way to fire shutter. i just oiled with few drops of trumpet valve oil here and there and timer was working perfectly again. sounds like yours might have more seriuos problem. sounds like spring,s broken if there,s no resistance when tensioning timer lever. you,ll figure out problem after you remove timer mechanism from camera. to remove timer you have to take off timer lever screw take off timer lever. take off shutter release button ring.lift off square chrome plate. then you,ll have to lift up leather covering up to get to 2 screws on left side then right side is easy to get too after you,d already taken off square chrome plate. make sure you put right screws back where they belong it,s very important. lightly tighen all 4 screws finger tight. to much tention will cause the timer mechanism to not work properly. i learned that lesson myself the hard way. i had to bearly bend the shutter bar arm ever so lightly on mine to get shutter to fire properly. i believe theirs a down loadable service manual on super d on this website under repair manuals. good luck with your repair. i,m still looking for lens for my super d but i,m in no hurry. James

Ezio
Tinkerer
Username: Ezio

Post Number: 11

Posted on Wednesday, May 21, 2008 - 06:59 am:   Edit Post Delete Post View Post/Check IP Print Post    Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only) Ban Poster IP (Moderator/Admin only)

Thank you. This is a project for the next rainy week-end...

Jayd
Tinkerer
Username: Jayd

Post Number: 6

Posted on Sunday, June 01, 2008 - 10:18 am:   Edit Post Delete Post View Post/Check IP Print Post    Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only) Ban Poster IP (Moderator/Admin only)

Yes there definately is a repair manual on the RE Super / Super D on this site in the manuals area.
Jay

Add Your Message Here
Bold text Italics Underline Create a hyperlink Insert a clipart image

Username: Posting Information:
This is a private posting area. Only registered users and moderators may post messages here.
Password:
Options: Enable HTML code in message
Automatically activate URLs in message
Action:

Topics | Last Day | Last Week | Tree View | Search | User List | Help/Instructions | Program Credits Administration