Who are we?  Featured Cameras  Articles  Instruction Manuals  Repair Manuals  The Classic Camera Repair Forum  Books  View/Sign Guestbook

Trip 35 Testing and Repair Log in | Log Out | Topics | Search
Moderators | Register | Edit Profile

Classic Camera Repair » Archives-2008 » Trip 35 Testing and Repair « Previous Next »

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message

Thuggins
Tinkerer
Username: Thuggins

Post Number: 26

Rating: N/A
Votes: 0 (Vote!)

Posted on Saturday, May 24, 2008 - 10:23 pm:   Edit Post Delete Post View Post/Check IP Print Post    Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only) Ban Poster IP (Moderator/Admin only)

I couldn't find a good article for testing and repairing a Trip 35, so I just posted one.
www.thermojetstove.com/Trip35

I hope it is helpful.

Charlie
Tinkerer
Username: Charlie

Post Number: 162

Posted on Sunday, May 25, 2008 - 06:45 am:   Edit Post Delete Post View Post/Check IP Print Post    Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only) Ban Poster IP (Moderator/Admin only)

A nice set of instructions. I like the use of the ice cube tray. Here is a website with some interesting links, one tells you how to gain some manual control of shutter speeds on the Trip 35. http://www.olympus-trip.co.uk/

Adrian
Tinkerer
Username: Adrian

Post Number: 167

Posted on Sunday, May 25, 2008 - 02:37 pm:   Edit Post Delete Post View Post/Check IP Print Post    Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only) Ban Poster IP (Moderator/Admin only)

They look good - wish I'd thought of the cube tray first!

One glitch, could just be my browser setup (Firefox) as it's fine in IE, - at the top of the page for some reason I get the two red circles from one of the photos and some blank boxes are superimposed over the text. However they only disrupt the preamble to the piece, not the meat of it.

Have you thought of posting it on Flickr? There is a very active Trip 35 group who'd be delighted to see this.

Adrian

Thuggins
Tinkerer

Post Number: 27

Posted on Monday, May 26, 2008 - 12:05 pm:   Edit Post Delete Post View Post/Check IP Print Post    Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only) Ban Poster IP (Moderator/Admin only)

Hey Adrian, I originally had a lot more notes and arrows on the pictures, but they wouldn't display correctly at all. You may want to notify Firefox of the display problem. Their browser is supposed to display anything that IE can display, and they request links to pages that don't.

I tried to post this on Flickr, but I find that site navigation is very convoluted and couldn't figure out how to do a "general reference" posting.

Charlie, be careful with that manual shutter speed mod. It only works if the meter is completely non functional or has been purposely disabled. I can't imagine why someone would disable a working meter just to get a manual Trip 35!

Edthened
Tinkerer
Username: Edthened

Post Number: 2

Posted on Monday, May 26, 2008 - 12:09 pm:   Edit Post Delete Post View Post/Check IP Print Post    Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only) Ban Poster IP (Moderator/Admin only)

Och I only get the copy matter wi nae pictures on IE7 !!! But a luv re instructions :-)

Adrian
Tinkerer
Username: Adrian

Post Number: 169

Posted on Monday, May 26, 2008 - 12:20 pm:   Edit Post Delete Post View Post/Check IP Print Post    Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only) Ban Poster IP (Moderator/Admin only)

Thuggins,

Assuming that you are a member of the Trip 35 group, why not just post a message giving the link?

I can't find an appropriate link on the Mozilla toolbars - any ideas?

Adrian

Thuggins
Tinkerer

Post Number: 28

Posted on Monday, May 26, 2008 - 04:13 pm:   Edit Post Delete Post View Post/Check IP Print Post    Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only) Ban Poster IP (Moderator/Admin only)

Web site doesn't support Firefox

A small minority of pages simply don't work in Firefox. While you can't immediately fix the problem, you can report the website to the Firefox developers and they can either fix the problem in Firefox or contact the owner of the site. To report a broken web site:

1. Open the Report Broken Web Site window:
* At the top of the Firefox windowOn the menu bar, click on the Help menu, then select Report Broken Web Site....
2. On the dialog that appears, fill in information about the problem.
3. Click Submit Report.

I just sent them a report on it. I admire the work that the folks a Mozilla have done, and use Firefox myself occasionally. But I have found that many sites do not display properly in their browser. :-(

Add Your Message Here
Bold text Italics Underline Create a hyperlink Insert a clipart image

Username: Posting Information:
This is a private posting area. Only registered users and moderators may post messages here.
Password:
Options: Enable HTML code in message
Automatically activate URLs in message
Action:

Topics | Last Day | Last Week | Tree View | Search | User List | Help/Instructions | Program Credits Administration