Who are we?  Featured Cameras  Articles  Instruction Manuals  Repair Manuals  The Classic Camera Repair Forum  Books  View/Sign Guestbook

Landed a Good One On E-Bay Log in | Log Out | Topics | Search
Moderators | Register | Edit Profile

Classic Camera Repair » Archives-2008 » Landed a Good One On E-Bay « Previous Next »

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message

Bill_alexander
Tinkerer
Username: Bill_alexander

Post Number: 9

Rating: N/A
Votes: 0 (Vote!)

Posted on Monday, May 26, 2008 - 10:20 am:   Edit Post Delete Post View Post/Check IP Print Post    Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only) Ban Poster IP (Moderator/Admin only)

Well after several attemps to get a Yachica
Electro 35..I won a auction on e-bay and was really shocked at how nice the Camera was..at least cosmetically..the electrics are as yet not
verified..but for wht I paid I can afford to get
it up to snuff..Any suggestion on where to start
I know it will need seals..and A battery set-up
and I can proceed from there

Adrian
Tinkerer
Username: Adrian

Post Number: 168

Posted on Monday, May 26, 2008 - 12:13 pm:   Edit Post Delete Post View Post/Check IP Print Post    Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only) Ban Poster IP (Moderator/Admin only)

Seals... Jon Goodman is your man, look for Ebay seller Interslice.

Can't help with the rest, but good luck and have fun!

Adrian

Dgillette4
Tinkerer
Username: Dgillette4

Post Number: 209

Posted on Monday, May 26, 2008 - 05:57 pm:   Edit Post Delete Post View Post/Check IP Print Post    Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only) Ban Poster IP (Moderator/Admin only)

You will want to check all functions, self timer leds, does the shutter speed sound right and look right for the speed and asa used, Check lens for dirt and clean carefully with camel hair brush for dust and with lens tissue moistened with cleaner for finger prints. Next get a roll of film and shoot it on nothing important, just varying lighting situations and distances to make sure rangefinder is right.Also check flash sync by looking with the back open and lookinig to see light of flash, Of course flash test comes first before loading. But before anything check battery terminals for corrosion and clean. Don

Nalasicnarf
Tinkerer
Username: Nalasicnarf

Post Number: 3

Posted on Thursday, May 29, 2008 - 09:05 am:   Edit Post Delete Post View Post/Check IP Print Post    Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only) Ban Poster IP (Moderator/Admin only)

HELP-
In an excess of enthusiasm I bought a quartz-2m and an Ekran-4 russian movie cameras.
They are beautiful and would love to learn but my russian is too poor. Suggestions where can get instruction manuals?

Frankl
Tinkerer
Username: Frankl

Post Number: 64

Posted on Thursday, May 29, 2008 - 10:26 pm:   Edit Post Delete Post View Post/Check IP Print Post    Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only) Ban Poster IP (Moderator/Admin only)

Check with the folks on ussr photo.....

http://www.ussrphoto.com/

Add Your Message Here
Bold text Italics Underline Create a hyperlink Insert a clipart image

Username: Posting Information:
This is a private posting area. Only registered users and moderators may post messages here.
Password:
Options: Enable HTML code in message
Automatically activate URLs in message
Action:

Topics | Last Day | Last Week | Tree View | Search | User List | Help/Instructions | Program Credits Administration