Who are we?  Featured Cameras  Articles  Instruction Manuals  Repair Manuals  The Classic Camera Repair Forum  Books  View/Sign Guestbook

Still need flex vi help Log in | Log Out | Topics | Search
Moderators | Register | Edit Profile

Classic Camera Repair » Archives-2008 » Still need flex vi help « Previous Next »

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message

Chrisb
Tinkerer
Username: Chrisb

Post Number: 21

Rating: N/A
Votes: 0 (Vote!)

Posted on Friday, May 30, 2008 - 08:02 am:   Edit Post Delete Post View Post/Check IP Print Post    Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only) Ban Poster IP (Moderator/Admin only)

no replies to my original post but hoping someone can help. this metax shutter has me stumped. sometimes these things are like oinions: each time you only get through a single layer, but you can see the next layer--and the key that unlocks it--laid out before you. well, i finally got the beauty ring unscrewed (which turned out to be separate from the concentric piece surrounding it--the same piece i described as having holes to accept a spanner, and i haven't been able to get this piece free yet, it won't budge). this freed the front element, but nothing new has been revealed. it looks as though the middle element *might* come out with a friction tool, but i don't have one that narrow. that'd be a pretty lousy way to 'clean' the shutter, anyway. can anyone help me actually open this thing up?

Add Your Message Here
Bold text Italics Underline Create a hyperlink Insert a clipart image

Username: Posting Information:
This is a private posting area. Only registered users and moderators may post messages here.
Password:
Options: Enable HTML code in message
Automatically activate URLs in message
Action:

Topics | Last Day | Last Week | Tree View | Search | User List | Help/Instructions | Program Credits Administration