Who are we?  Featured Cameras  Articles  Instruction Manuals  Repair Manuals  The Classic Camera Repair Forum  Books  View/Sign Guestbook

Replacing Praktica shutter curtains. Log in | Log Out | Topics | Search
Moderators | Register | Edit Profile

Classic Camera Repair » Archives-2008 » Replacing Praktica shutter curtains. « Previous Next »

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message

Mos6502
Tinkerer
Username: Mos6502

Post Number: 1

Rating: N/A
Votes: 0 (Vote!)

Posted on Monday, June 02, 2008 - 02:47 pm:   Edit Post Delete Post View Post/Check IP Print Post    Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only) Ban Poster IP (Moderator/Admin only)

I have an old Praktica FX which has too many pinholes in one of the shutter curtains to patch. I need to know how to get at the shutter. I took the film plane off, and I can see everything - but I can't figure out how to remove the curtains. I'm guessing I'll have to remove the top plate of the camera body to remove the shutter?

Anyway, any help would be greatly appreciated.

Rick_oleson
Tinkerer
Username: Rick_oleson

Post Number: 589

Posted on Tuesday, June 03, 2008 - 09:31 pm:   Edit Post Delete Post View Post/Check IP Print Post    Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only) Ban Poster IP (Moderator/Admin only)

I've never done it with a Praktica, but I've changed the curtains in the Praktina, Contax/Pentacon and Exakta. In these, I just relaxed the shutter springs to let me unroll the curtains, cut new ones to the correct sizes and replaced them, then wound up the springs again. I can send you notes from those, but I don't know how helpful they'll be for the Praktica.

Rick

California
Tinkerer
Username: California

Post Number: 2

Posted on Wednesday, June 04, 2008 - 03:51 am:   Edit Post Delete Post View Post/Check IP Print Post    Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only) Ban Poster IP (Moderator/Admin only)

I'm not 100% sure 'cause I never had a Praktina in my hands, but the Praktica FX series and the Praktina looks like having more or less the same shutter mechanism, at least looking at some Praktina interior pics I saw here and there... so I guess what Rick suggests should be working for the Praktica as well.

Davide

Mos6502
Tinkerer
Username: Mos6502

Post Number: 2

Posted on Friday, June 06, 2008 - 06:49 pm:   Edit Post Delete Post View Post/Check IP Print Post    Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only) Ban Poster IP (Moderator/Admin only)

Rick, any tips would be great. Send the notes my way.

Thanks.

Leesobing
Tinkerer
Username: Leesobing

Post Number: 3

Posted on Thursday, June 12, 2008 - 10:01 pm:   Edit Post Delete Post View Post/Check IP Print Post    Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only) Ban Poster IP (Moderator/Admin only)

http://tw.myblog.yahoo.com/cekiw-041464/article?mid=2498&prev=2591&l=f&fid=7
here has photo to show how to replace it (it is chainese)but fllow it .it can be done.

Add Your Message Here
Bold text Italics Underline Create a hyperlink Insert a clipart image

Username: Posting Information:
This is a private posting area. Only registered users and moderators may post messages here.
Password:
Options: Enable HTML code in message
Automatically activate URLs in message
Action:

Topics | Last Day | Last Week | Tree View | Search | User List | Help/Instructions | Program Credits Administration