Who are we?  Featured Cameras  Articles  Instruction Manuals  Repair Manuals  The Classic Camera Repair Forum  Books  View/Sign Guestbook

Rangefinder vertical adjustment for a... Log in | Log Out | Topics | Search
Moderators | Register | Edit Profile

Classic Camera Repair » Archives-2008 » Rangefinder vertical adjustment for a Franka Super Frankarette « Previous Next »

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message

Alan_shum
Tinkerer
Username: Alan_shum

Post Number: 1

Rating: N/A
Votes: 0 (Vote!)

Posted on Monday, June 02, 2008 - 09:08 pm:   Edit Post Delete Post View Post/Check IP Print Post    Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only) Ban Poster IP (Moderator/Admin only)

Hi, I have a Franka Super Frankarette (externally look 99% alike to a Agfa Super Silette instead). I found the rangefinder can line up the target, but it appear vertically it doesn't. I open the back and found two small holes (one on the film guiding rail, another near the rangefinder eye piece), but don't know what each hole is for. Does anyone knows how to adjust the rangefinder vertical alignment of this camera? Should I open the top in order to do so? Thanks.
Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message

Alan_shum
Tinkerer
Username: Alan_shum

Post Number: 2

Rating: N/A
Votes: 0 (Vote!)

Posted on Sunday, July 06, 2008 - 05:10 pm:   Edit Post Delete Post View Post/Check IP Print Post    Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only) Ban Poster IP (Moderator/Admin only)

I manage to remove both rewind knob and advance knob, then I remove the two screws on the top cover and the cover is off. Near the rear side on the rangefinder assembly, there is a large white screw, I turn it clockwise to rise the yellow image. Now I have the rangefinder well aligned and ready to go out.

Add Your Message Here
Bold text Italics Underline Create a hyperlink Insert a clipart image

Username: Posting Information:
This is a private posting area. Only registered users and moderators may post messages here.
Password:
Options: Enable HTML code in message
Automatically activate URLs in message
Action:

Topics | Last Day | Last Week | Tree View | Search | User List | Help/Instructions | Program Credits Administration