Who are we?  Featured Cameras  Articles  Instruction Manuals  Repair Manuals  The Classic Camera Repair Forum  Books  View/Sign Guestbook

Zorki 4K CLA help Log in | Log Out | Topics | Search
Moderators | Register | Edit Profile

Classic Camera Repair » Archives-2008 » Zorki 4K CLA help « Previous Next »

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message

Blacknoise
Tinkerer
Username: Blacknoise

Post Number: 1

Rating: N/A
Votes: 0 (Vote!)

Posted on Thursday, June 05, 2008 - 05:27 pm:   Edit Post Delete Post View Post/Check IP Print Post    Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only) Ban Poster IP (Moderator/Admin only)

Hi

Ive tried to CLA my Zorki using the guide off of rangefinderforum.com. Unfortunately, when it came to putting the slow speed mechanism back in, the small tab on the bottom of the ring gear doesn't fit properly. the The shutter was cocked to 1/1000, which is the end slot turning clockwise, as the instructions say, but then i try and wind on, the slow speed mechanism still winds. The instructions then say that the shutter should be moved on to 1/60, which is impossible with the shutter cocked or not (the instructions seem to say uncocked).

I also noticed that the resting place of the unwound slow speed mechanism falls in a different place to the diagram, is it broken?

Any general tips, or even a full guide on how to reinstall the slow speed mechanism, would be very welcome.

Rob

Dgillette4
Tinkerer
Username: Dgillette4

Post Number: 219

Posted on Thursday, June 05, 2008 - 05:57 pm:   Edit Post Delete Post View Post/Check IP Print Post    Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only) Ban Poster IP (Moderator/Admin only)

You too might benefit from checking the Ussrphoto.com site I'm sure you can leave a forum note and someone would help. Don

Rick_oleson
Tinkerer
Username: Rick_oleson

Post Number: 590

Posted on Friday, June 06, 2008 - 05:22 pm:   Edit Post Delete Post View Post/Check IP Print Post    Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only) Ban Poster IP (Moderator/Admin only)

Are these notes of any help at all?

http://rick_oleson.tripod.com/index-58.html

Dgillette4
Tinkerer
Username: Dgillette4

Post Number: 220

Posted on Friday, June 06, 2008 - 06:32 pm:   Edit Post Delete Post View Post/Check IP Print Post    Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only) Ban Poster IP (Moderator/Admin only)

Hi Rick: They were for me. Thanks ..Don

Add Your Message Here
Bold text Italics Underline Create a hyperlink Insert a clipart image

Username: Posting Information:
This is a private posting area. Only registered users and moderators may post messages here.
Password:
Options: Enable HTML code in message
Automatically activate URLs in message
Action:

Topics | Last Day | Last Week | Tree View | Search | User List | Help/Instructions | Program Credits Administration