Who are we?  Featured Cameras  Articles  Instruction Manuals  Repair Manuals  The Classic Camera Repair Forum  Books  View/Sign Guestbook

Contax 139 Quartz Log in | Log Out | Topics | Search
Moderators | Register | Edit Profile

Classic Camera Repair » Archives-2008 » Contax 139 Quartz « Previous Next »

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message

Pete_r
Tinkerer
Username: Pete_r

Post Number: 1

Rating: N/A
Votes: 0 (Vote!)

Posted on Monday, June 09, 2008 - 01:28 pm:   Edit Post Delete Post View Post/Check IP Print Post    Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only) Ban Poster IP (Moderator/Admin only)

hi all,
i`m a complete beginner when it comes to photography. with an SLR anyway but i`ve been looking to get into it for a while and i was recently given a Contax 139 Quartz. I`ve read a little on the web about this camera and it seems a decent model theat people in the know have a good opinion of.

As far as i can tell its in good working order(I`ve put a roll of film through and willknow when it`s developed)the only problem is a slight one with the winder mechanism.

after releasing the shutter, the wind on lever operates and you can see with the back open that the spools have rotated but the shutter will not release again. on the bottom of the camera is the
adaptor for the auto winder attachment the only way ive found to get the shutter to release again is to give this a twist with a coin. it only needs about a quater of a turn then it flicks back half a turn and allows the shutter to be relesed.

has any one heard of a similar problem? is it worth getting it repaired or is it something i could do myself?

any help would be greatly appreciated. thanks.

Add Your Message Here
Bold text Italics Underline Create a hyperlink Insert a clipart image

Username: Posting Information:
This is a private posting area. Only registered users and moderators may post messages here.
Password:
Options: Enable HTML code in message
Automatically activate URLs in message
Action:

Topics | Last Day | Last Week | Tree View | Search | User List | Help/Instructions | Program Credits Administration