Who are we?  Featured Cameras  Articles  Instruction Manuals  Repair Manuals  The Classic Camera Repair Forum  Books  View/Sign Guestbook

Praktica LTL - remove top cover Log in | Log Out | Topics | Search
Moderators | Register | Edit Profile

Classic Camera Repair » Archives-2008 » Praktica LTL - remove top cover « Previous Next »

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message

Atsch
Tinkerer
Username: Atsch

Post Number: 1

Rating: N/A
Votes: 0 (Vote!)

Posted on Tuesday, June 10, 2008 - 06:20 am:   Edit Post Delete Post View Post/Check IP Print Post    Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only) Ban Poster IP (Moderator/Admin only)

i want to remove the top cover of a praktica ltl, but i cant get the black disk under the rewind lever off(not the winding lever on the right side)
can somebody please tell me how to remove it?

thanks in advance!

Glenn
Tinkerer
Username: Glenn

Post Number: 369

Posted on Tuesday, June 10, 2008 - 02:39 pm:   Edit Post Delete Post View Post/Check IP Print Post    Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only) Ban Poster IP (Moderator/Admin only)

Have not stripped this particular model, but I am sure this 'disc/decoration' remains on the top plate when you remove same. I have certainly seen photographs of a stripped LTL, where the disc is still attached to the top plate.

Glenn
Tinkerer

Post Number: 370

Posted on Tuesday, June 10, 2008 - 02:51 pm:   Edit Post Delete Post View Post/Check IP Print Post    Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only) Ban Poster IP (Moderator/Admin only)

A further comment - If the LTL is similar to the MTL-3 you may find a screw under the rewind lever, which has to be removed. However from your initial comments, I guess you have looked for obvious screws/fasteners and found nothing visible.

Atsch
Tinkerer
Username: Atsch

Post Number: 2

Posted on Wednesday, June 11, 2008 - 03:14 am:   Edit Post Delete Post View Post/Check IP Print Post    Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only) Ban Poster IP (Moderator/Admin only)

thanks for the reply.
actually i found the screw but i just cant get it off, because it sits so tight.
i just need to lift the top cover for about an inch to repair the picture counter.. so do i have to take the rewind lever off completely in order to lift the cover up?
(the ltl and mtl3 are nearly the same as far as i can tell from some pictures)

Glenn
Tinkerer

Post Number: 372

Posted on Wednesday, June 11, 2008 - 07:02 pm:   Edit Post Delete Post View Post/Check IP Print Post    Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only) Ban Poster IP (Moderator/Admin only)

Remove rewind knob completely. The screw is always very tight, use a proper fitting screwdriver with a handle that gives you plenty of grip.

Add Your Message Here
Bold text Italics Underline Create a hyperlink Insert a clipart image

Username: Posting Information:
This is a private posting area. Only registered users and moderators may post messages here.
Password:
Options: Enable HTML code in message
Automatically activate URLs in message
Action:

Topics | Last Day | Last Week | Tree View | Search | User List | Help/Instructions | Program Credits Administration