Who are we?  Featured Cameras  Articles  Instruction Manuals  Repair Manuals  The Classic Camera Repair Forum  Books  View/Sign Guestbook

Stuck frame counter on K1000 Log in | Log Out | Topics | Search
Moderators | Register | Edit Profile

Classic Camera Repair » Archives-2008 » Stuck frame counter on K1000 « Previous Next »

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message

Jproulx
Tinkerer
Username: Jproulx

Post Number: 1

Rating: N/A
Votes: 0 (Vote!)

Posted on Wednesday, June 11, 2008 - 02:09 pm:   Edit Post Delete Post View Post/Check IP Print Post    Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only) Ban Poster IP (Moderator/Admin only)

I recently got a(n other) k1000. All the important bits work, but the frame counter doesn't turn.

I've had it apart far enough to see the dial is seated properly on post that (I think) is supposed to do the turning.

Is it worth digging deeper, and if so what should I look for?

Thanks,
-Jon

Don
Tinkerer
Username: Don

Post Number: 30

Posted on Thursday, June 12, 2008 - 06:04 am:   Edit Post Delete Post View Post/Check IP Print Post    Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only) Ban Poster IP (Moderator/Admin only)

W/the back open, try pushing w/a small screwdriver thru the wind side slot where the tab on the top rim of the back cover engages the ctr mech. Hold the screwdriver in while you advance the shutter checking the ctr dial. If it works , check the tab on the top rim of the back cover to be sure its not bent. If not, best to leave it alone & count the # of frames as you go along. The mech is difficult to work on w/o repair notes & parts can go flying into outer space.

Jproulx
Tinkerer
Username: Jproulx

Post Number: 2

Posted on Thursday, June 12, 2008 - 07:43 am:   Edit Post Delete Post View Post/Check IP Print Post    Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only) Ban Poster IP (Moderator/Admin only)

Thanks Don,

That got me pointed in the right direction.

The tab was OK, but the lever it is meant to press was stuck, so the counter wasn't resetting. It was so over wound I didn't notice that at first.

I managed to turn back the counter by hand and then wiggle the lever through the slot. After a couple of rounds like this it's bouncing back like it's supposed to.

Never would have got that on my own, even with the repair manual (which I have, though obviously not much practical experience there).

Thanks!
-Jon

Dgillette4
Tinkerer
Username: Dgillette4

Post Number: 226

Posted on Friday, June 13, 2008 - 08:41 am:   Edit Post Delete Post View Post/Check IP Print Post    Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only) Ban Poster IP (Moderator/Admin only)

Every time you work on it you get experience. congrats..Don

Add Your Message Here
Bold text Italics Underline Create a hyperlink Insert a clipart image

Username: Posting Information:
This is a private posting area. Only registered users and moderators may post messages here.
Password:
Options: Enable HTML code in message
Automatically activate URLs in message
Action:

Topics | Last Day | Last Week | Tree View | Search | User List | Help/Instructions | Program Credits Administration