Who are we?  Featured Cameras  Articles  Instruction Manuals  Repair Manuals  The Classic Camera Repair Forum  Books  View/Sign Guestbook

Minolta Hi-matic F lightmeter adjustment Log in | Log Out | Topics | Search
Moderators | Register | Edit Profile

Classic Camera Repair » Archives-2008 » Minolta Hi-matic F lightmeter adjustment « Previous Next »

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message

Berkbs
Tinkerer
Username: Berkbs

Post Number: 18

Rating: N/A
Votes: 0 (Vote!)

Posted on Sunday, June 15, 2008 - 12:41 pm:   Edit Post Delete Post View Post/Check IP Print Post    Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only) Ban Poster IP (Moderator/Admin only)

Hi

I have a Minolta Hi-Matic F that is good at everything my Olympus 35RC is not and vica versa. It has a brilliant rangefinder but underexposes slides by, I think, one stop.

Is there an easy way to adjust the lightmeter on these?
Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message

Berkbs
Tinkerer
Username: Berkbs

Post Number: 20

Rating: N/A
Votes: 0 (Vote!)

Posted on Tuesday, June 24, 2008 - 12:30 pm:   Edit Post Delete Post View Post/Check IP Print Post    Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only) Ban Poster IP (Moderator/Admin only)

Hi again,

There was no reply to my question so I decided to figure it out myself. Here are the steps to calibrate lightmeter on Minolta i-Matic F as well as many similar cameras.

1-Unscrew the metal ring around the front element, the one that is concentric to the film speed dial. You will need a small spanner wrench. Caution: It is easy to slip off the scratch front element.

2-Take off the film speed dial as well as the plastic piece with the little window for the lightmeter. Do not lose the metal tab that makes the ASA ring click as you are adjusting film speed.

3-Locate the plate that has the ASA numbers. It will be held in place by two screws. It is possible to loosen these screws and slide the plate with ASA numbers to either side. My camera was underexposing 2/3 stops so I made a little mark where 100ASA dot was. I then slid the piece after loosening the two screws so that the mark aligned with ASA160 dot.

The ASA plate sets the limits for the film speed adjustment ring so it is possible to set the film speed from 25 to 500ASA even after adjustment. I observed that in my camera there was room for about 2/3stops adjustment for either side.

4-Reassembly is the reverse of assembly.

Add Your Message Here
Bold text Italics Underline Create a hyperlink Insert a clipart image

Username: Posting Information:
This is a private posting area. Only registered users and moderators may post messages here.
Password:
Options: Enable HTML code in message
Automatically activate URLs in message
Action:

Topics | Last Day | Last Week | Tree View | Search | User List | Help/Instructions | Program Credits Administration